Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

A multiple sclerosis (MS) sufferer accused of supplying cann

Policies and information for the other countries of the European Union.

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

A multiple sclerosis (MS) sufferer accused of supplying cann

Postby winstone » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:07 pm

A multiple sclerosis (MS) sufferer accused of supplying cannabis-laced chocolate told police she thought she was doing nothing wrong, a court heard

From left; Lezley and Mark Gibson, Marcus Davies

Lezley Gibson and husband Mark, both 42, of Alston, Cumbria, are standing trial at Carlisle Crown Court with Marcus Davies, 36, of St Ives, Cambs.

All three deny two charges each of conspiring to supply cannabis.

It is alleged they sent home-made "Canna-Biz" bars by post to help patients cope with the pain of MS.

The jury at Carlisle Crown Court had already been told the trio made no secret of their involvement in the supply of the chocolate bars.

'A big softie'

In police interviews read to the court, Mr Gibson described how the chocolate was made, and how MS sufferers received their packages.

Mrs Gibson's interviews, in which she told police she did not believe she was doing anything wrong, were also read out.

In the police interview she said: "I am just a big softie. I have MS, I know what it is like, we do this to help people, not to line our own pockets."

Earlier, the court heard police seized 33 bags containing the bars from a sorting office last year, which were traced to the defendants.

The trial continues.
src
Join the Growing Smiling Revolution ...

http://www.lca-uk.org/lcaforum/index.php
winstone
Forum builder

Postby Joe King Park » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:58 pm

I have only ever witnessed such stubborness by The Home Office to look at the figures of this "Very Much Needed Medicine" provided to those in need,
and that is President Bushs' persistance they are on track
(i think it was Blairs "Body Language" at the dual Press Speech , where coincidently no reporter stood before the two leaders , as the norm !?

In a day where Cannabis is accepted globally ( yes, even the USof A now has certain relaxations for Oranisations who can provide the needy)

I just experienced four days in Amsterdam , well about a month ago
anyways i was suprised to see no evidence of an underbelly of Tourist Trap, or being taken advantage of

I did'nt witness anything medicinal wise , but was impressed with their "normalness" and being less unobtrusive as the Starbucks just up the way

Why cannot a product that forgive me if i am wrong, endorsed by the Chairman of the Multiple Sclerosis Society, not to mention the thousands of others who have been helped by dedicated individuals , whose only cause was out of neccecity and was a positive move done out of the kindness of their own hearts

I find it a shame that great britain, once a optimistic seeker of cures, and aids, reliefs, call it what you will, has , for some Unknown Reason, turned its back on Fixing this hole in our National "Catchnet" for those in need

Heaven Knows it is even spelled out in Black and White in THe W.H.O - World Health Organisation; " That a Individual seek out whatever source neccesary for obtaining relief"

These Individuals Accused of breaking the "LAW" (whose law?) Deserve and Command The Highest Respect

With all the Adulterated (possibly fatal ) Cannabis being allowed to hit our streets along with the toxic soap i have witnessed in the last decade Really Concerns me that no Harm Reduction Initiatives have been considered, instead of TV adverts using age old "Reefer Madness Paranoia" to not only the uneducated public , but also "Prisoners In Need" Stygmatised that Cannabis is Wrong

Not Providing Relief for Those in Need is whats WRONG, VERY WRONG !

I can only but hope that The UK returns to Scientific research and maybe even learn a thing or two off its cousins in Canada, Holland, and others

i felt compelled to write of my wholehearted support for all those affected by this unecesary waste of taxpayers money, and causing mass discomfort across the land.
sincerley
Joe King Park
Branded
Joe King Park

Postby winstone » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:36 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6169701.stm

Source: BBC News
Date: December 11 2006

---
A man accused of conspiring to supply cannabis-laced chocolate bars campaigned for the drug to be used by sick people, a court has heard.

Mark Gibson and his wife Lezley, both 42, of Alston, Cumbria, are standing trial at Carlisle Crown Court with Marcus Davies, 36, of St Ives, Cambs.

The court heard how Mr Gibson had made a case for the medicinal use of the drug to the House of Lords.

He told the hearing he had become interested in the therapeutic potential of the drug many years ago because his wife has multiple sclerosis.

He said he had campaigned for the drug to be used by people with the illness since the late 1980s.

No secret

He also told the court he had been visited by police officers as far back as 2002 and been told not to be so "brazen" about what he was doing.

But he was not been arrested until last year, the jury heard.

He said the drug was only given to people who could prove they had MS and that a donation was all that was asked for.

It is alleged the three defendants sent home-made "Canna-Biz" bars by post to help patients cope with the pain of MS.

The jury at Carlisle Crown Court had already been told the trio made no secret of their involvement in the supply of the chocolate bars.

The trial continues.

winstone
Forum builder

Postby winstone » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:36 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/6169701.stm

Source: BBC News
Date: December 11 2006

---
A man accused of conspiring to supply cannabis-laced chocolate bars campaigned for the drug to be used by sick people, a court has heard.

Mark Gibson and his wife Lezley, both 42, of Alston, Cumbria, are standing trial at Carlisle Crown Court with Marcus Davies, 36, of St Ives, Cambs.

The court heard how Mr Gibson had made a case for the medicinal use of the drug to the House of Lords.

He told the hearing he had become interested in the therapeutic potential of the drug many years ago because his wife has multiple sclerosis.

He said he had campaigned for the drug to be used by people with the illness since the late 1980s.

No secret

He also told the court he had been visited by police officers as far back as 2002 and been told not to be so "brazen" about what he was doing.

But he was not been arrested until last year, the jury heard.

He said the drug was only given to people who could prove they had MS and that a donation was all that was asked for.

It is alleged the three defendants sent home-made "Canna-Biz" bars by post to help patients cope with the pain of MS.

The trial continues.

winstone
Forum builder

Return to Cannabis policies for the rest of the EU