Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

Donner wants to stop dopedeals with foreigners in coffeeshop

Will the Netherlands set a worldwide trend for cannabis policies?

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

Donner uses Germany too!!

Postby cannabinol » Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:35 pm

Donner is only practicing party politics, nothing to do with foreign pressure, he already launched the Dope ID plan in January this year, in the following article from the ANP.

He used the German minister too...what a wanker...

Donner: identificatieplicht kan ook vanaf veertien jaar
ANP 17/01/2003
DEN HAAG, 17 januari 2003- Het is niet absoluut noodzakelijk dat kinderen van twaalf jaar altijd een identificatie op zak hebben. Wat minister Donner van Justitie betreft kan die draagplicht ook gelden vanaf bijvoorbeeld veertien jaar. Hij stelde onlangs voor om de identificatieplicht te laten gelden vanaf twaalf jaar. De CDA-bewindsman vindt het weliswaar beter om de identificatieplicht te laten gelden vanaf twaalf jaar, maar is niet van plan hier een hard punt van te maken als het te veel kritiek ontmoet. Donner zei dit donderdag in het radio-1 programma De Ochtenden. Onlangs liet VVD-minister Remkes van Binnenlandse Zaken weten dat hij twaalf jaar wat jong vindt. Donner wijst er echter op dat de criminaliteit onder jongeren vanaf twaalf jaar toeneemt. Dat is voor hem een reden om de identificatieplicht vanaf die leeftijd te laten gelden. Donner denkt dat het beter is dat koffieshops alleen softdrugs mogen verkopen aan Nederlanders. Dat neemt een hoop irritatie weg bij buurlanden die Nederland verwijten dat hun burgers hier vrijelijk drugs kunnen kopen, aldus Donner. Volgens hem is dat te regelen door van koffieshops verenigingen of gesloten clubs te maken. Alleen leden mogen er dan drugs kopen. (ANP)
In Cannabis Fidelis
cannabinol
Hemp City Lover

Please tell me its still cool

Postby drug_tourist » Mon Nov 10, 2003 9:45 pm

Just been told by a guy at work that his friend just got back and had been refused service in an amsterdam coffeeshop as he was a foreigner. I am due out there next week (just in time for the cup).
PLEASE tell me its not true, and I will still be able to buy it.
If not can I make a date with a local to buy some dope for me?
drug_tourist

Re: Please tell me its still cool

Postby Puffin13 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 9:16 am

I dont know where your friend went or what the circumstances were but coffeeshops ARE NOT restricting cannabis sales to only Nederlanders. In Amsterdam coffeeshops, it is business as usual. The only peoples, that I am aware of, that are restricted from coffeeshops are the under 18 year olds and hard drug users/carriers. NO NEED FOR WORRY! Come to Holland and have a ganja time. ;) Peace. Puffin13

drug_tourist wrote:Just been told by a guy at work that his friend just got back and had been refused service in an amsterdam coffeeshop as he was a foreigner. I am due out there next week (just in time for the cup).
PLEASE tell me its not true, and I will still be able to buy it.
If not can I make a date with a local to buy some dope for me?
Puffin13

NOT SO!

Postby cannabinol » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:18 pm

I hope...

I can hardly imagine that happened, ask your friend which coffeeshop it was, so I can ask the people there. All that Donner wants, is to scare people like you and millions of others away from Holland.
Donner also told people to boo at attackers on the street...not to handle them, boo first, then call the police.

Donner is the laughing matter of Dutch politics, come over and laugh along...

Nol.
In Cannabis Fidelis
cannabinol
Hemp City Lover

Where you from??

Postby Dibbz » Wed Nov 12, 2003 7:34 am

I know my rights as a European Citizen im no foregeiner is there a direct telephone or email or address or anything i can kick off with this dick?

How much money is he getting from the U.S its there doings i can tell ya!

Anyway i wanna send my response to that!
I will do it again and again and again and again and again and again.......
Smoke Reefer that is!!!
Dibbz

• Website

If you have residency in France do you have EU residency?

Postby Racer X » Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:52 am

I am an american citizen but I married a French woman and now have a titre de sejour (french residency permit) which is valid until sept of 2004. Seeing as I am a legal resident of France doesnt that mean I am a legal resident of the European Union? If so doesnt that mean that I cannot be denied rights available to other EU citizens (ie. the right for Dutch citizens to visit coffeeshops)? How does this EU citizenship/residency policy work. I thought I could travle, shop freely in any EU nation without getting a tourist visa or having any other restrictions laid on my because I am an official, legal EU resident. Just a question, thanx.

PS what of that anti smoking ban targeted at tobacco in bars, I heard bars got an exemption but coffeehouses did not. PEACE
Racer X

No smoking ban!

Postby cannabinol » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:24 am

And no ban on foreign visitors!

Business as usual...
In Cannabis Fidelis
cannabinol
Hemp City Lover

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:54 am

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Im planing to be there in May....

there better be dope in May so help me god!

don't worry

Postby cannabinol » Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:08 pm

come and be happy :lol: :D :P
In Cannabis Fidelis
cannabinol
Hemp City Lover

Postby slider » Sat May 14, 2005 7:08 am

There is too much tourist money involved to exclude foreigners from participating in the cannabis industry. The Netherlands has seen a significant proportion of its members move towards decrim or even legalisation. There's a ton of sangria -for those who care not for the herb- but remember...what the hell was my point...oh yeah if you prohibit non-netherlanders from partaking in the herb ritual you are an a-hole...yeah that was my point. Damm I started smoking right before I wrote this and look what happened, shazzam.
slider

Holland rejects EU Constitution

Postby solidbb » Wed Jun 01, 2005 11:37 pm

Does anyone think that by rejecting the EU constitution the Dutch have sent a message to their PM to leave the Coffee Shops alone? Also could it possible that this may cause him to loosen the cultavation laws? He is messing with some of the basic freedoms that make Holland so great and he needs to understand that his people don't want this. What do you guys think?
solidbb

Holland rejects EU Constitution

Postby qahouaji » Thu Jun 02, 2005 2:04 pm

To make a long story short, yes. The "nee" vote shows that the Dutch are against proposed law changes and stricter drugs policies. It was seen as a big victory for liberal opposition parties; in fact, PM Balkenende stubbornly rejected the idea of holding new elections, which shows that many were in the thinking that the "nee" vote signaled a lack of confidence in the current government.

But the story goes on. To really succeed at legalizing cannabis, the Dutch will have to GET BALKENENDE'S ASS OUT OF POWER!! The other parties in Parliament are for full legalization of "soft drugs."

--Qahouaji
qahouaji

What's Up

Postby solidbb » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:57 pm

Hey,

Cannabinol is there any new information regarding the subject of the coffee shops and the sale to foreigners? Thanx.

P.S. I encourage anyone with information on this to leave a reply, please.

:D
solidbb

donner wants to stop dopedeals...

Postby qahouaji » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:44 am

solidbb--

If you want to help, here's an idea (not that one person could really do it?)

Go to Maastricht, where the government is running a "pilot project" in which foreigners are banned from shops...

...become a dope dealer yourself. Deal meth, coke, etc, etc. Then the government will realize that such a plan is bogus.

...irony aside, I don't advise anyone to actually do this. But making sure that the "pilot project" is a big failure would do more than anything to prevent Donner from enacting his foolish directive into law.

....I just don't think this one is going to happen. The economy, for one, not doing that great; kicking foreigners out would result in the loss of hundreds of billions of euro. Also, the move is illegal; how can one EU member have rights to smoke weed and another doesn't? Absolutely impossible. Third, the coalition parties will never go for this; it just won't make any sense. Finally, even Donner is super-paranoid about the prospect of hard drugs becoming more popular in Holland...

...don't sweat it, man. There've been plenty of times when I've sat at this computer worried sick about losing my Holland. As Nol says, don't trust the foreign presses, either; they're making a buck by sensationalizing Holland as a dangerous other that's on the brink of embracing in full Drug War policy. (Name one time that cannabisnews.com, hightimes.com, or yahooka.com, released one of these articles from a Dutch press--it just doesn't happen, it's always a British or American press release!)

A small, small number of coffeeshops are closing. I sincerely hope, too, that the "hash bars" all take the coffeeshop route rather than become drink-only bars, but that remains to be seen. But don't sweat it, coffeeshops will survive...

Peace.
The Qahouaji
(cutting kif, quietly, in some dark corner of prohibitionville USA)
qahouaji

maastrich

Postby reggie the dog » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:40 pm

does anyone know if this pilot plan is up and running in maastrich, will it just apply to other EU nationalities? Will americans still be allowed to buy in maastrich, can i buy for my french friends if i walk out the door and then back in again right away after buying the 5 gram limit, is this pilot program even up and running? I was planning on visiting in February.
reggie the dog

PreviousNext

Return to The Dutch Policy: Model or Threat?