Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

Rewriting of "Joy to the World"

Keep us and yourself updated on the efforts to get cannabis accepted, decriminalised and legalised.

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

Rewriting of "Joy to the World"

Postby Virgil » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:51 am

Medpot.net has an activism forum and this was an entry I made because it is yet another day of cannabis treason inside of Groundhog Treason- trusting some understand it comes from the movie Groundhog Day. I thought I would put it up here since it is a simple pasting and maybe somehow will make a difference to someone somewhere.
=====================================

Whenever there is a hempfest there should be a multitude of songs that are have new words to signal the world that Free Cannabis is coming. Here in the US somebody is always calling to march on Warshington and I always say that it is a wasted effort. Now to march on Wall Street might do some good especially since there are millions of pissed- off pissed-on people within subway distance. My belief is there is no reason to go to Warshington until there is a song in need of a choir. It is also my belief that until there become anthems of Free Cannabis we cannot unite properly. There should be some songs within people that cannot be restrained and would come out if the words are there.

When the Berlin Wall fell "Ode to Joy" could not be restrained and when Free Cannabis has its day somebody will surely have given us words to Ode to Joy that will be actually be sung. It is hard for me to transfer my thoughts on individual words, but in time I think you will understand why I will be calling Mary Jane, Merry Joy- Joy for short. If Free Cannabis had money and think tanks and ideas would circulate to change the vocabulary to our advantage and if there was a campaign undertaken i think it might well be called the "Free Cannabis Campaign" not that anybody has jumped on my vocabulary yet. But just like marijuana was created for demonization leading to criminalization, Joy is my suggestion for a new vocabulary in pursuit of Free Cannabis.

That is why it is important enough for me to slap some words on to the tune of "Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night where I wish somebody would have already done it especially since I already began direct appeal. I don't take these words as magic. I take them as words to be improved upon and modified to fit different voices within.

An example of modifying previous art is Jimmy Buffett's "Margaritaville" redone to "Marijuanaville." This is the search result for "Marijuanaville" at YouTube and one with a play length of 4:20 which shows the spread of cannabis culture= http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... type=&aq=f

So this is no big deal, and the main thing is to grasp the idea and get people to redo words for any song they can. If wishes came true, there would be new words to "Broken Lady" by the Gatlin Brothers so that they might be inspired to use their greatness in a new recording. It is like the song is written for an anthem already- just change "her" to "our." Link= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yJOcp32p9g

========================

These are the lyrics for "Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night=
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/thebigch ... eworld.htm

The song is located at http://popup.lala.com/popup/432627077918552094
============================

Jeremiah was a bullfrog............................ Prohibition is the worst thing
Was a good friend of mine..........................We can not have a toke
I never understood a single word he said.........It never makes sense no matter what is said
But I helped him a-drink his wine..................And we unite within our smoke
And he always had some mighty fine wine........And we always toke the very best smoke
Singin'...................................................Singin...

Joy to the world.........................................Joy for the World
All the boys and girls now..............................That means all of us
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea...............Joy from the heavens to corners of the sea
Joy to you and me.......................................Joy has to be free.

If I were the king of the world.........................Say I controlled the whole wide world
Tell you what I'd do .....................................This is what we'd do
I'd throw away the cars and the bars and the war..We'd cast away the no's and the woes with this war
Make sweet love to you..................................Make peace smoke with you
Sing it now.................................................Sing it now...

Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to the fishes in the deep blue sea
Joy to you and me

You know I love the ladies.......................We need to share the ladies
Love to have my fun...............................Get to a start of bliss
I'm a high life flyer and a rainbow rider........I'm a freedom lover and a dreams uniter
A straight shootin' son-of-a-gun..................Want life able to catch some fun
I said a straight shootin' son-of-a-gun...........Everyones' life able to catch some fun

Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to you and me

Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to you and me

Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to the world
Joy to you and me

Joy to the world
All the boys and girls now
Joy to you and me

Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to you and me

I wanna tell you
Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to you and me

Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
Joy to you and me

(fading)
Joy to the world
All the boys and girls
We are slaves to the corporations and the government is the overseer.
Virgil
Forum builder

Return to Cannabis activism around the world