Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

Semi legal in Mexico.

...and what a policy!
America, land of prohibition and professional prisons. With Canada and Mexico following like children.

Moderators: deliriumt, milehigh, CoolZero

Semi legal in Mexico.

Postby merryprankster » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:37 am

MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Owning marijuana, cocaine and even heroin will no longer be a crime in Mexico if the drugs are carried in small amounts for personal use, under legislation passed by the Congress.

Police will not penalize people for possessing up to 5 grams of marijuana, 5 grams of opium, 25 milligrams of heroin or 500 milligrams of cocaine, under a bill passed by senators late on Thursday and earlier approved by the lower house.

People caught with larger quantities of drugs will be treated as narcotics dealers and face increased jail terms under the plan.

The government says the measure allows police to focus on major drug dealers, and President Fox is expected to sign it into law.

"This law provides more judicial tools for authorities to fight crime," presidential spokesman Ruben Aguilar said on Friday.

Hundreds of people including several police officers have been killed in the past year as drug cartels battle authorities and compete with each other for control of lucrative cocaine, marijuana and heroin smuggling routes from Mexico into the United States.

The violence has raged mostly in northern Mexico but in recent months has spread south to cities like vacation resort Acapulco.

Under current law, it is up to local judges and police to decide on a case-by-case basis whether people should be prosecuted for possessing small quantities of drugs, a source at the Senate's health commission told Reuters.

"The object of this law is to not put consumers in jail, but rather those who sell and poison," said Sen. Jorge Zermeno of the ruling National Action Party.

Fifty-three senators voted for the bill with 26 votes against it.

© Reuters 2006. All Rights Reserved.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlene ... xml&rpc=22
merryprankster

Postby OGuerilla » Tue May 09, 2006 10:29 pm

I saw this coming, Fox pussing out to US pressure. Glad to see the Mexican Congress has the balls to stand up to the US. Dont get me wrong I love the USA, but our politician's should mind their own business and stop trying to rule the world. Besides they already sort of have drug tourism on a small scale anyways. If I went to Cancun tomorrow, I could probably get whatever I wanted in a few minutes. It's all there just got to know where to look for it.
VIVA LA MEXICO!!!!

MEXICO CITY - Mexican lawmakers pledged Monday to keep pushing for a drug decriminalization bill criticized by the United States, and said they could override President Vicente Fox's veto of the measure.

Fox sent the proposal, which would drop criminal charges for possession of small amounts of marijuana, cocaine and heroin, back to Congress last week with suggestions for changes after U.S. authorities warned it could result in ''drug tourism'' to Mexico.

But Congressional leader Rep. Eliana García said Congress, which approved the bill last month, would only be open to clarifying the law, not changing its spirit.

''If the changes [suggested by Fox] are in spirit of the bill, they are welcome,'' García, of the leftist Democratic Revolution Party, said at a news conference. ''But if they scrap the work we have done during one and a half years, we will have no problem in getting the vote of two-thirds'' needed for an override in the lower house.

''The international policy to combat drugs has failed because it has focused on repression and not prevention,'' García said.
If guns cause crime, matches cause arson.
OGuerilla

Postby AmeriSkunk » Tue May 09, 2006 11:33 pm

I agree that when I went to Cancun that you could get you hands on allot of "drugs" at the flee market but it is only available to the people that they trust, aka me
Your appearance has allot to do with getting approached to buy drugs, notice the word APPROACHED, you cant go and ask, you have to be asked, but you have to make them trust you with you attitude and demeanor. If hunting in Mexico it is best to go alone athough this is not as safe but stay in public areas, you should be allright

The laws are supposidly for addicts who can now be prescribed a certain ammount of what ever drug that they are addicted to and instructed to take smaller dosages and eventually weaning themselves off of the drug.........BIG LAUGH

Chemical addicts cannot be trusted, their main thing at that time in life is the drug that they are addicted to, not money, food, just that certain drug. Good luck with this one Mexico, I think that you just gave them a place to score if they can't find it cheaper on the streets

The mexican government is involved in smuggling drugs mainly marijuana into the country, if you guys watch the news daily you would have saw the clip of the black Ford Excursion that was loaded full of "packages" going through a small creek of the Rio Grande. For some reason the clip was pulled from t.v., and the topic was suspiciously dropped by CNN for some reason?

Governments = Organised Crime
Last edited by AmeriSkunk on Wed May 10, 2006 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby OGuerilla » Wed May 10, 2006 7:05 am

AmeriSkunk wrote:Governments = Organised Crime

Can I get an amen? :lol:
If guns cause crime, matches cause arson.
OGuerilla

En Cancun

Postby 212eric » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:19 am

I run a small travel book business and received a question about bringing pot into Cancun. I know nothing about the subject so before I give an answer I want to educate myself to the topic. My question is:

Is it legal to bring ANY amount of marijuana into Mexico?

Is it legal to purchase?

Thanks in advance for your replies,
212eric
Click to visit the PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE Cancún Travel Survey Guide Book website
212eric

• Website

Postby milehigh » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:36 pm

No, and no are the answers to your questions. It is very easy to buy weed in Mexico. The beaches are a good place to look. Generally on the streets around the night clubs in the tourist zones too. Good luck.

mh
We're all here, because we're not all there.
milehigh
Hemp City Lover

• Website

Gracias,

Postby 212eric » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:14 pm

That's exactly as I suspected, thanks for getting back to me so quickly about this.

212eric
Click to visit the PEOPLE'S CHOICE GUIDE Cancún Travel Survey Guide Book website
212eric

• Website

Postby AmeriSkunk » Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:10 am

Man if you want weed just look around at the flea market(ride the bus and it will let you off there) and stare at the pipes a few people asked if I needed any weed, its important to look the part, so try to look like a stoner if at all possible, weed leaf shirts will get the attention your wanting. If no body asks, ask them(the guys selling pipes), cant hurt "ah yes officer it was the white tourist". These guys with the pipes have the hookup you need but dont give any money out and dont go with them. On a good note though the weed I got there was far better than my expectations, not compressed, fluffy with few seeds. The thing to do when you get your weed is rent a jetski and head to the mangrove patch, sit on the jetski and get baked and then do the mangrove maze. But yeah like MH said weed is easy to find among the other things. You can get pipes and bubblers cheap at the fleamarket, but I say the flea market if your lookin for some smoke, because all the beaches in Cancun are private hotel beaches, and the ones that arent are packed like sardines with Mexicans, and I dont think it would be smart to leave the Hotel Zone, be sure to do the Bar Leaping Tour that the hotels offer. I sat on top of the double decker buss and some dude in front of me was drunk and didnt hear "watch out for the palm tree" and got smacked in the face with a big ass branch, funny shit man. Have fun and find your ganja before you do anything else, just go look at the pipes and you will get approached if you look like a stoner, approach them if they look like a stoner, they will price jack you though but thats to be expected on vacation. Also a word of caution to you, stay out of the way of the busses, they will run your ass over, I was in one that hit a dude on moped, let the people off and drove away. FUS. Have fun and give us a chron report if you score
Last edited by AmeriSkunk on Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby Jack » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:23 pm

"Flee" market sounds so, er, um, fast! It's "flea" market, lol

PaXXX
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!
Jack

• Website

Postby AmeriSkunk » Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:59 pm

What you talkin about Willis? :lol:

Jack, are you going to the California Medical Marijuana Awards? Is this like a Cannabis Cup for you medi guys?

Im smokin 'em because I have 'em
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Return to Cannabis policies of North America.