Hempcity in the press

Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

A Better Place to Stay Than the Hotel Haarlem-Zuid?

Comments, questions, info and small talk.Cannabisshop Sativa will be expended by a very smoker friendly bed and breakfast facility in April 2003.

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

A Better Place to Stay Than the Hotel Haarlem-Zuid?

Postby rogga » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:58 pm

I’m making my first trip to Holland and hotelling in Haarlem during the first two weeks in April. I’m thinking of staying at the Hotel Haarlem-Zuid. They’re offing me a pretty good deal: Large room for 82 euros/night plus the manager is throwing in two HFC Haarlem tickets.

But the more that I read on this thread, there might be decent places to stay nearer the city center, at a better rate. I’ve even read a couple of posts about rooms at one or more of Willie Wortel's CCs or places overlooking the square: either would be ideal.

I plan on buying all of my gear in Haarlem, and everything I’ve read/heard about Nol and his CCs is excellent!

Any comments/recommendations/suggestions or e-mail contacts?

Cheers,

Rogga
rogga

Re: A Better Place to Stay Than the Hotel Haarlem-Zuid?

Postby Ernest » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:23 pm

You should check out the Indica Appartment above the WW Indica Coffeeshop.

For more informations about the Appartment u should try this: http://thebigtrip.us/indicaapartment2.html

I would def. recommend the WW Hotel..... :D
shh...
Ernest
Hemp City Lover

Postby fcknse.?. » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:33 pm

Ernest wrote:You should check out the Indica Appartment above the WW Indica Coffeeshop.

For more informations about the Appartment u should try this: http://thebigtrip.us/indicaapartment2.html

I would def. recommend the WW Hotel..... :D

just returned last week!...................."MOST EXCELLENT"...............VERY clean, warm, comfortable, conveniant location, OUTSTANDING!! BUDTENDER'S "downstairs", and a local grocery store 200mtrs away. :D :D :D :D

but dont tell anyone it's a SECRET!. :wink:
fcknse.?.

Postby rogga » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:37 am

Ernest and Fcknas,

First, thanks for your notes.

But secondly, as you might know, www.hempcity.net was down most of today. So, I’ve corresponded with Inez at the Amadeus Hotel. For a lesser rate than the Haarlem-Zuid, Inez is promising me a room overlooking the Square. I’ve recently read excellent reviews about the Amadeus; and Inez seems extremely nice.

Does anyone on this forum have any comments regarding the Amadeus? I’m pretty stoked about staying there with a room overlooking the square. Albeit, I’m sure the Indica Apartment above the WW Indica CS would work well. But I’ll be spending plenty of time in all of WW’s CSs!

Cheers,
Rogga
rogga

Postby Ernest » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:00 pm

No problem as long as you are in Haarlem! :lol:

Yeah fckns,the Budtenders are awesome!
shh...
Ernest
Hemp City Lover

Postby AmeriSkunk » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:42 pm

why not just stay at Sativa if you'll be coffeeshop bouncing, thats where Im staing in Feb/March.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby rogga » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:01 pm

Oh I’ll definitely be CS bouncing, but I’m not a complete 24x7 stoner -- anymore. Plus the Amadeus is not far from the Sativa: I’ll definitely be at the Sativa, as well as the other two WW’s CSs!

It’s the hash that I’m really looking forward to! It’s been 30-years since I last travelled in Europe: when I was a teenager. And I’ll never forget just how excellent the hash was in Italy back in those days. I’ve had some pretty good hash in Asia during the past several years, but only when it came out of Pakistan. Otherwise, the hash in the States is shite!

Here's the hash that I'm looking for and if I cannot find it in Haarlem, I know the places that have previously had these types in AMS. But I'm still open for suggestions!

Warm Ears
Blue Special
Tbizla
Jelly Hash
Dutch Moonshine
Bubblelator
Iceolator
rogga

Postby AmeriSkunk » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:44 pm

actually will wortels shops have most of those, they've got the Tbizla, Jelly, and the icolators and Bubblators are the same, they carry a few different strains of bubble(thats the accepted term for all icolater, and bubblator water hashes)

I want a report back on the Tbizla, you can check the menus at MileHighs site, http://www.thebigtrip.us just click the coffeeshop page and hit the haarlem, it has a bunch of menus, some of the pics are mixed up in the Willy Wortel pages. And the Macko Haze is the same Cannabis Cup winning cut from a few years ago, worth the price, so I hear.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby rogga » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:22 pm

AmeriSkunk,

I had already reviewed the CS directory, and viewed all the Haarlem CSs that are linked from the MileHigh’s site. Regardless, thank you for providing an excellent reply to my post: I dig knowing the slang, common, or accepted terms for types and sub-types of gear! My first trip to Holland, ya know.

I’ve read several other very good reviews about the Tbizla. One review in particular is excellent, and is posted by a user named Koopa, on Hip Forms. You’ve likely already read the post. If not, Koopa’s original post places Tbizla, and all gear (i.e., Sativa, Indica, Dark Hash, and Light Hash) in regard to the 2007 Cup final standings. The post also includes Koopa’s personal reviews.

From

http://www.hipforums.com/forums/oldindex.php

1. Scroll down to the 10th main forum category, which is on a banner titled, “Travel. Under Travel’s seventh fixed, sub-forum down Select Europe [Note: The homepage’s first main forum category is titled, “Announcements.”]
2. Under the next page’s top banner titled, “Sub-Forums: Europe,” Select Amsterdam.
3. Under the next page’s [top] banner titled, “Threads in Forum: Amsterdam,” Select 2007 Gold: Koopa's Top Hash and Weed Picks [currently the sixth thread down.]

The original author of the thread, user named Koopa, has made nearly 1500 post, and has been a member since 05 on Hip Forums. From just the reviews of the user’s posts, you get the feeling that the user definitely knows what they’re talking about. And they seemingly always write in an informative toned, only. I believe that I’ve seen an identical user name on this Forum, but I haven’t yet ascertained if it is likely the same person.

Lates
rogga

Postby Ernest » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:42 pm

Rogga,

don t forget, there are about 16 Coffeeshops(in Haarlem), you might find some better hash in Haarlem.
Just dont get wrong with all these names...its all about money....

Anyway, Tibliza is availible at the WWShops...plus they have a wide variety of great hashs.(as AmerikS. mentioned)

I hope you enjoy your trip...... :mrgreen:
shh...
Ernest
Hemp City Lover

Postby t_stoned » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:11 pm

As for hotels in Haarlem:
WW Sativa is not the best choice for 50e/day (no breakfast) if you need some comfort- wc/ shower in the room, changing of bed-clothes, tidying up and supporting of the cleanness in the room. All these things you DON'T find in Sativa. Good is location- just 1 min to train, large room, smoking freedom and the nice ww-sativa cs under your ass.
I stayed in sativa 2 month ago because it was worse situation with hotels in Haarlem, no rooms availible. Also during the whole week nobody changed bed-clothes, cleaned up the room and took away garbage from the bin. for 50e??? it isn't Amsterdam, man..I didn't stay in Indica, but i think it's the same system, .
Beause of these things i booked anoher hotel for NY-eve. so i could call you hotels in Haarlem, all with facilities(wc,bad,shower) in the room, where i was in last years:
- Carillion- Grote Markt,center, ca.70e/night INCLUSIVE breakfast and view on he central square of Haarlem :))
- Joops- center, prices i think the same
- Amadeus- center, good for relax and smoke too..
- Die Raeckse- closed to center (on Raaks), large rooms like saiva, good breakfast inclusive- ca. 75e/n.

... as I know hotel haarlem-zuid is to far away from the center and train.
may be it helps, wish you good trip, dont forget to visit Wortel!
I don't know what for growers deliver the goods to WW and how WW choose products for sale, but its truth- WW products are MORE MORE MORE BETTER than the same sorts in A'dam and other cities i had.
peace
t_stoned

Postby Ernest » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:18 pm

Indica is different, you are obliged to pay a cleaning fee (30€),but I dont know if they will tydie up your room everyday... :shock:

You are right they dont clean the room,but in my opinion the Sativa is a more a Hostel than a Hotel. 8)
shh...
Ernest
Hemp City Lover

Postby AmeriSkunk » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:13 pm

I would much ather not have some unknown person rummaging around in my room while im not in there anyways, thats a plus in my book, I always ask for them to not clean room until I leave out anyways. I don't know about you guys but Im not in my room much and the clothes go back in the suitcase so my rooms don't really get messy, maybe some stems and seeds, well just stems in holland :mrgreen:

www,hotels.nl is a good site
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby rogga » Sat Jan 12, 2008 5:26 pm

cool…all good stuff to know…I’ve booked at the Amadeus; albeit, they’ve gone totally smoke free as of January 2008. I’m definitely going to hit WWs during my stay in April. I might also rent a car for a day or two (I get a good rate), and drive down to Nijmegen for a day. There’s a Moroccan owned cs there I want to check-out and I’m gone try to get into a NEC match -- I'll sus-out the details and plans when I get to Haarlem.
lates
rogga

Postby AmeriSkunk » Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:51 pm

you care to share the shop name? I'd like to maybe visit there, sounds interesting.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Next

Return to Willie Wortel Sativa