Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

I often doubt that Australia will ever "get there"

Post your articles about cannabis policy from your part of the world here.

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

I often doubt that Australia will ever "get there"

Postby midnite2412 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:02 am

In Australia - cannabis is used by so many people though most of them are their own worst enemies. The level of demonisation is high, even people who use cannabis vote for useless (dangerous?) polititians like the current prime minister. We have a green party that looks towards Holland as an example of how our cannabis issues could be modelled - yet there was a massive swing away from this sensible approach, towards the idiots who want to carelessly punish its own citizens for their choice of neurone enhancer.

We are supposed to have a federal Legalize Cannabis Party, but before the elections last year I emailed them to see where their preference votes were being placed and they didn't bother to answer me.

People are so politically disoriented here that hard and soft drugs are lumped together as similar evils to society.

Sadly a new law has just come into being - while driving around in two of our states you can be pulled up by police and tested for THC in your system even though you are not actually intoxicated!!

The Nimbin thing is not seroius enough to really have an impact on our state or federal laws. If you go to Nimbin you will be hasseled on the streets by aggressive kids peddling a mixture of crappy drugs (speed extacy, cannabis) selling the stuff for heroin addicts who live in nearby city centres. Not a good model -cannabis has been demonised enough without these sorts of things making it truely evil.

I work, I vote and I pay taxes and I want to move to and contribute to a country that treates its citizens in a more benovalent way than this country does.

Oh hell - I am so upset over writing this that I'll have to go and verdemper some of my crop now.
midnite2412

so true

Postby muncheez » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:30 am

mate u aren't the only one that thinks like that.I work i pay taxes and then i still get classed as a druggo or what ever else ppl may have to say about me the government caters 4 all other types of addictions eg herion shooting galleries,24 hour pubs for gamblers an alchohloics.Yet what is there for the person who would prefer to smoke a natural plant like marijuana.Its about time the governments of the world pulled there thumbs out of there asses and change the classifacations of soft drugs.tobacco is a plant yet it is legal even though it kills ppl every year.this is something that will keep being ignored as long as we the ppl taxpayers let them ignore it. united we stand divided we shall fall
muncheez

Return to Press: From around the Globe