Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

Liverpool cannabis poll

Post your articles about cannabis policy from your part of the world here.

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

Liverpool cannabis poll

Postby Chrisdaviesmep » Thu Feb 26, 2004 12:01 pm

I am not sure if I am posting this in the correct place but I am sure somone will help me out if this is incorrect!

Chris Davies issued the following press release a few weeks ago and this has generated quite a bit of debate.

The Liverpool Merseymart newspaper has asked for comments on this and I would be grateful if anyone supporting Chris' stance could email their comments to

Writers living in the Liverpool area would be best, but some letter last week were from anon writers.

Many thanks

Avril Manderson
Press Officer to Chris Davies MEP

PRESS RELEASE
DATE: 29 January 2004
TEL: 0161 477 7070 / 07808 368953
EMAIL:

A CANNABIS PLANT IN EVERY BRITISH HOME?

No home used to be complete without an aspidistra in the living room. Now a British MEP is calling for every householder to be allowed to grow a single cannabis plant without fear of prosecution.

Chris Davies says he wants to deal a blow to the criminal trade in drugs by giving those who use cannabis recreationally the chance to avoid contact with those dealing in more harmful substances.

The Liberal Democrat MEP (North West) has a criminal conviction for possession of cannabis after leading a political protest against existing drugs policy in 2002, but has never used any illegal drugs.

He said: "Despite the declassification of the drug, there is a real risk that cannabis users will have to buy the product from heroin dealers. For some this could be a slippery slope, because the criminals have a financial interest in encouraging their customers to try more harmful drugs."

Mr Davies has written to Home Secretary David Blunkett urging him to adopt the same approach as the Government in Belgium which has abandoned the prosecution of people growing a single female cannabis plant for their personal use.

Mr Davies said: "If I wish I could grow a cannabis plant in my Brussels flat without fear of prosecution. But to do the same in Britain would put me at risk of serious penalties.

"It's a crazy situation that just puts money into the hands of criminal drug dealers."

The Institute for Criminal Policy Research claims that as much as half the cannabis consumed in England and Wales is grown in the UK.

ENDS
Chrisdaviesmep

roll on

Postby GROWZONEr » Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:03 am

8) roll on that day,i can grow a single plant ,without fear of being in trouble with the law.. :arrow: :idea: :?: :!:

thanks chris. :wink:
GROWZONEr

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:34 am

come on lets not give in , should be still asking for at least 10 plants...

Legalise it , dont critisize it!!!

Return to Press: From around the Globe