Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

GOD BLESS BIZ

Policies and information for the other countries of the European Union.

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

GOD BLESS BIZ

Postby OLD TIMER HOBBIT » Thu Jun 12, 2003 10:51 pm

I WAS UPSET ABOUT THE STORY OF BIZ IVOL ON THE SCOTTISH NEWS WHO IS NOW DECIDED AS A LAST ACT OF DEFIENCE AGAINST THE CANNABIS LAWS TO TAKE HER LIFE ONCE HER TRIAL IS OVER IF SHE IS FOUND GUILTY OF SUPPLYING CANNABIS CHOCOLATE TO M.S. SUFFERERS IN ORKNEY,SHE SAID SHE WOULD RATHER DIE THAN FACE PRISON OR HEFTY FINES. I ALSO FEAR THAT CHRIS BALDWIN WHOSE CASE IS IN SESSION WILL BE SENT DOWN BY AN OLD NARROW MINDED ETONIAN MUTHA OF A JUDGE AND WHATS WORSE DECLASSIFICATION HAS AGAIN BEEN PUT ON HOLD TILL NOVEMBER.
HOW DO I GO ABOUT A HOUSE AND JOB IN HOLLAND?
THERE IS N0 SUCH THING AS A BAD RACE ONLY THEIR MASTERS
OLD TIMER HOBBIT

Postby sensibill » Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:18 am

here is what i found on the web about biz,s case. what is wrong with this government can,t they see what they are doing to people like her. this woman is obviously a very good caring human being who hasn,t got much of a life because of the awful disease that gives her so much pain.
SHAME ON YOU BASTARDS WHO EVEN THINK OF PROSECUTING HER MAY YOU AND ALL YOUR FAMILIES GET MS AND SUFFER
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Reuters | AFP | Sky News | The Scotsman | Photos

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday June 13, 03:08 AM

· Scottish Sport News
· Scottish Business News
· Scottish Photo Gallery

Breaking News Alerts
The 2-3 most important breaking news stories sent to your mobile.

Text breaking news
to 87077

breaking news

More Info · Pricing
Terms of Service

Cannabis campaigner to take own life
A WHEELCHAIR-bound cannabis campaigner plans to take her own life with an overdose of paracetamol and champagne after putting her case to legalise the drug at a court case next week.

Biz Ivol, who suffers from multiple sclerosis, is already planning her own funeral and has had a cardboard coffin delivered to her home in Orkney.

She says she desperately wants to end her life because of the crippling pain from the illness which makes her feel like a prisoner in her own body.

However, she has pledged that she will first of all fight her charges of possessing and supplying cannabis, which she claims alleviates her suffering.

Yesterday, her MP said the case highlights the plight of MS sufferers and hopes this will be the last prosecution of its kind in the UK.

Mrs Ivol, 56, from South Ronaldsay, a long-time supporter of legalising cannabis for medicinal purposes, was charged following a police raid at her home in August 2001.

Her trial, which has been postponed several times, is now due to he heard next Wednesday at a sports centre in Kirkwall, which has better wheelchair access than the sheriff court.

She has pleaded not guilty to three charges of possessing cannabis, producing two cannabis plants and being concerned in the supply of the drug to others. The charges relate to cannabis-laced chocolates which she is accused of making and distributing to fellow sufferers across the UK.

Yesterday, as a friend assembled the eco-friendly coffin, which arrived in a flat pack, she said: "I'm going to use it as soon as the court case is over. I'm too tired now to fight on.

"I feel no-one is doing anything to make things better for people with MS and that I no longer have any quality of life. I can't do my garden. I can't knit and I can't sew because my hands are dying. I can't read because my eyes are going - there's nothing worth staying for anymore on this earth."

She added: "I'm not frightened about what might happen to me. They can't put me in jail because of the condition I'm in. They can't fine me anything because I haven't got any money. And I'm already a prisoner, trapped inside a body that's full of pain and doesn't work anymore."

Mrs Ivol, who says her pain is like barbed wire being dragged through her spine, began a campaign six years ago for the legalisation of the drug for medicinal use by people with MS and other conditions. It followed an earlier court case, when she was admonished after police found cannabis plants growing at her home.

She said: "I've lost count of the number of phone calls I've had from people telling me not to give up the fight. But the court case will be my last stand. I'm fed up with fighting now. It's taken them two years to take me to court. It's been niggling away at the back of my mind - once it's over, I know I can't go on any longer."

Her neighbour, Bobby McCutcheon, said friends are devastated by Mrs Ivol's decision, but understand her desperation.

"It's just so sad to see the coffin waiting for her in the house. She really has lost all hope, she has no interest whatsoever in being alive," he said.

Last year, David Blunkett, the Home Secretary, relaxed the law on cannabis possession, downgrading the drug from Class B to Class C.

At the time, Mrs Ivol told The Scotsman the decision made the position "as clear as mud" and said she was determined to debate the merits of cannabis use at her trial. Her plight has won backing from Alistair Carmichael, the Liberal Democrat MP for Orkney and Shetland, and the Legalise Cannabis Alliance (LCA).

Mr Carmichael said: "This is a tragic case. Biz is just wrung out with a combination of the disease and the campaign. Hopefully, this will be the last of these prosecutions. If it were, it would be quite fitting and give her some sort of comfort and satisfaction. I have told Tony Blair [the Prime Minister] that it is ridiculous that we make a criminal of someone simply trying to get relief from pain which is not available in any other way."

By: JOHN ROSS -- 13-Jun-03
the grass grows greener everyday
sensibill

• YIM

ON THE SAME DAY

Postby OLD TIMER HOBBIT » Fri Jun 13, 2003 12:13 pm

ON THE SAME DAY ON THE SCOTTISH NEWS THERE WAS SOME FACTS THAT EVERYBODY HAS KNOWN IN BRITAIN FOR FUCKAN YEARS AND THAT IS THAT 70% OF VIOLENT CRIME IS CAUSED BY PEOPLE ON ALCOHOL BUT IF YOU SSAY TO THE CHIEF CUNTSTABLES THAT COFFEE SHOPS WOULK CUT VIOLENT CRIME THEY GO ON ABOUT CANNABIS BEING DANGEROUS SO WE HAVE TO PUT UP WITH THEESE BOOZE WANKERS IN OUR TOWNS AND CITIES.
OLD TIMER HOBBIT

Postby Slartibartfast am I » Fri Jun 20, 2003 12:23 pm

Biz Ivol Petition

http://www.lca-uk.org/petition/index.php

The time has come to say 'enough is enough'! This petition is not about legalising cannabis, scoring points or towing the party political line. It is about justice, compassion and fair play and should be of interest to everyone - regardless of Religion, race or political allegiances.

Biz Ivol, a MS sufferer in Orkney, is in court Wednesday for using cannabis as a medicine and helping other to obtain cannabis as a medicine. Biz has been waiting 2 years for the case to come to court and her health has suffered so much that she is now bedridden and her sight has gone. The quality of Biz's life is now so bad that she no longer wishes to be alive,

"I'm not frightened about what might happen to me. They can't put me in jail because of the condition I'm in. They can't fine me anything because I haven't got any money. And I'm already a prisoner, trapped inside a body that's full of pain and doesn't work anymore."
[Biz Ivol; The Scotsman, [UK] [Friday, 13 June 2003].

Full Story from the Scotsman

NOTE: Biz has made it clear her decision to decide her own future has nothing to do with the case. She has simply had enough of suffering but wants to have her say before ending it all.

The Question still needs to be asked WHY has this prosecution been allowed to be brought forward.

Sign this petition ..
all u so called canna buisness men, activists and plain tokers, stand up and be counted for BIZ IVOL !! i see none of the big boys have signed it as yet .. ?? WHY ??

350 signatures only so far !! we need 1000's where r u Free Cananbis supporters atm ?? !

If ure not part of the solution ure part of the problem !!
Confucious

Man who shoot off mouth must lose face
Slartibartfast am I

keep signing!!!

Postby billybarker » Sun Jun 22, 2003 1:28 am

total number now up to

504 :) :) :P :o 8)

mainly thanks in the last few days to CUMBRIA

seriously,

Bizz needs ALL our support at this crucial time for all Mediweed users for there will be many who could do with cannabis's help who will NOT be covered by any imminent relaxation of the UK's laws - unless we can SOMEHOW get all the progressive forces together to get an ammedment through on the back of the Criminal Justice Bill to make a REAL change in November - but that [I am almost sure} is just wistful thinking

for now, lets all sign Bizz's petition.
billybarker

WEED BONNIE BOAT

Postby OLD TIMER HOBBIT » Sun Jun 22, 2003 11:45 am

I SIGNED THE PETITION AND I ALSO GOT TOMMY SHERIDAN TO SEND A LETTER TO BIZ IVOL WHICH HE DID.
ALUN OF THE L.C.A HAS SUGGESTED A BUS FROM WORTHING TO ABERDEEN THEN BOAT TO THE ORKNEYS FOR THE TRIAL.IF YOU WANT MORE DETAILS E\MAIL ALUN
OLD TIMER HOBBIT

Postby winstone » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:34 pm

some pics of the protest outside parliament for Biz may she RIP.

These inadequate cannabis laws killed her !!!

winnie
Join the Growing Smiling Revolution ...

http://www.lca-uk.org/lcaforum/index.php
winstone
Forum builder

Postby Joe King Park » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:44 pm

WAY TO GO GUYS , N < GALS
I am so proud and wish i was there
You realise you are the REAL Frontierspeople, attempting to make a change
Utmost Respect for you all
From the bottom of my heart
you are most defineatly on the right track
WELL DONE
PP
Branded
Joe King Park

Postby Joe King Park » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:59 pm

after signing Biz's petition; i am willing to donate roughly £3000.00 plus worth of equiptment to a good cause
being a bit too sick to do things properly anymore, maybe someone else can use it to better advantage
all i ask in return for everything i have is some meds
people are quick to think i obtain things for nothing, i have always tried to be as benefactory as possible

Use in good faith, help someone
i would like to be rid of all above as soon as possible
no point having it where i am going
Branded
Joe King Park

Postby winstone » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:24 pm

Hi Joe I don't think you can sign Biz's petition as she is no longer with us.
:cry:

winnie

winstone
Forum builder

Postby Joe King Park » Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:50 pm

Winstone; I am very sorry to hear that :(
My good Cyber Buddy NEEDLES recently passed away as well . He lost both legs in Vietnam and used Cannabis for Phantom Limb Pain, and as he was American, only recieved his Growing Exemption less than six months before he passed away
very sad, and a shock for everyone over at Docs Site
he will be missed by all
Joe
Branded
Joe King Park

Postby winstone » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:28 pm

Hi Joe sorry to hear about your cyber buddy moving on.

I knew two campaigners myself that have passed away this week.

Patman

and

Eddie Ellison.

What a week eh?

winnie

winstone
Forum builder

Return to Cannabis policies for the rest of the EU