Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

the way for beginners

All amateur growers can ask here there questions about growing.

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

the way for beginners

Postby t_stoned » Wed May 23, 2007 1:10 pm

Hi hempcitizen!
Maybe somebody knows what kind of seed is the best way for beginners in Indoor growing (2-3 plants as first expirience, not more as 1,7 m height).
My girlfriend told me she heard that the best sort for indoor beginning are Shiva Santi and Hindu Kush...
But it would be better to hear advices of experienced growers.
Thanks to all.
t_stoned

Postby t_stoned » Mon May 28, 2007 2:22 pm

the forum is dead... :? :? :?
or its such dummy question for oldies-growers from nl? of course there is a sea of information in the net, but i think the best way is to get info from the "firsthand"...
t_stoned

Postby AmeriSkunk » Tue May 29, 2007 11:20 pm

its not dead, just quiet, theres not really a whole lot going on right now.

IMO I would grow indicas for the first grow, Afghani #1 is a very good strong smoke with great taste and I think its supposto be easy to grow, just check out the seed company sites, google em'. Reeferman Seeds, Sensi Seeds, Serious Seeds, THSeeds, SeedBay, ect.

I would look at Seedbay to get the names of most of the seed companys then search the home sites of each company to get further details, most sites will say if a strain is easy to grow or hard to grow. Sensi seeds has a great variety and I'm pretty sure that they say if a strain is for beginners or experienced growers.

Hope that helps, Peace
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby t_stoned » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:33 pm

afgani... really good stuff? I heard its only for hashish making...
ok thanks, ll'try afgani, its strange, but i have it...paar month ago presented from smb, really afgani :o

thanks, AmeriSkunk

.. sorry one question- is skunk sativa or indica? in kiwiseeds cat. are kiwiskunk seeds - 75% skunk, 25% indica. what does it mean? is skunk the third "direction" after sativa and indica?
t_stoned

skunk

Postby liverpool fil » Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:05 pm

skunk can be sativa or indica or a cross of both, some times a strain called ruderalis is also inclueded
liverpool fil

skunk sativa or indica ?

Postby deliriumt » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:15 am

proper skunk strains e.g. skunk #1 and superskunk (this being a more modern balanced version of skunk #1 anyways) is mostly sativa.

if I remember correctly it is thai sativa x columbian sativa x mexican sativa (not necessarily in that order though :) ) and then the results of this was crossed out with a dominant afghan indica male.

the skunky musky smell and taste apparantly comes mainly from the afghan male.

although mostly sativa because of the dominance of the afghan male the growth pattern is typical of indica e.g. the denseness of the buds and a decent yeild.

also going back to your original question superskunk is a good strain for beginners, nice high and taste good yeild and not a complex one to grow as far as nutrients levels and light etc. :)

hope this helps

regards

deliriumt
Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
deliriumt
Site Admin

Postby AmeriSkunk » Sun Jun 10, 2007 11:01 pm

I agree skunks are usually mostly sativa, its crazy how you can cross zesty strains and get something that is not zesty, I guess when you cross strains it may cause the plants to express recessive traits, think about it, mostly all landtrace strains are zesty then we humans hybridize(lol) it, refine it and now we have strains that are actually sweet or fruity, ect
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby t_stoned » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:46 pm

thanks to all, 'll try both- afg & skunk, 'll look at results :shock:
t_stoned

Return to Growing tips