Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

A stronger marijuana without pistils

All amateur growers can ask here there questions about growing.

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

A stronger marijuana without pistils

Postby Davide Calabria » Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:15 pm

I saw in a documentary call "L'erba proibita" a men, Franco Casalone, who wrote 2 books about growing weed ("Il Canapaio" and "Il canapaio 2") telling that if you wait a little bit more and you get your weed without pistils it is stronger.

Here it is what he wrote in his books about the picking of the flowers (traslated a little by google and a little by me):

-----------------------
Some cultivators prefer to collect soon, when the greater part of the flowers is still supply of pistils and the plant is in the moment of its maximum upgrades them riproduttive (if it came impollinata). The total psicoattive effect is lighter, but nearly exclusively cerebral. Others collect latest possible, when there will be the greater resin amount, and its effect stronger and more will be extended also to the rest of the body. To collect (and to try) some female flowers every week, for a period of some weeks until the final harvest, will give to the cultivator a collection of samples of flowers to all the maturation stages and will create one base in order to decide when to collect in the successive season. [fig. 17, 18,19,20]
-------------------------

If you know italian you can get it here:
http://www.mariuana.it/ilcanapaio/ilcanapaio.htm
and here the other one,
http://www.mariuana.it/canapaio2/canapaio2.htm

Actually Franco Corleone is at address arrest becouse they have found 400 grams of charras in his house. I hope he will be free as soon as possible, like weed.
:cry:
Last edited by Davide Calabria on Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Weed for peace
Davide Calabria

• Website

Postby deliriumt » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:26 pm

nope not neccessarily stronger, more heavier hitting yes but this is because the flowers have gone over maturity and the THC has started to break down into CBDs etc.

this will give a plant that potentially has thicker, blacker resin but believe me this isn't the optiumum time to harvest, the plants need to be harvested sooner when there are still pistils left on the plant but the buds themselves feel very stiff and if you look at the trichomes under a microscope most will look very full and sparkly and maybe one or two might start to look amber (the ambering/darkening is a sign of THC breakdown so any longer and this would start to happen very quick)

what this means is that over mature plants give a more heady sleepy heavy hit where as plants cut down at the optiumum time will give a more energetic high because most of the THC is still intact and not broken down and turned into CBD.

personally prefer to cut plants down at the optiumum time as over mature plants give a major burnout feeling at the end of the evening.

hope this helps

regards

deliriumt
Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
deliriumt
Site Admin

Postby AmeriSkunk » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:56 pm

I totally agree with you Deliriumt over ripe pot is a major drag not to mention that it fucks up the taste.

I want to know specifically what Dave is calling a pistil? Erowid calls a pistil on a marijuana plant the red hair(completely wrong), the pistil is actually the calyx and hair, a calyx being an ovule, and the main part of the hair being the style, and the pollen receptive fine hairs that branch from the trunk of the hair being the stigmas.

So if you have no postils you aint getting high at all.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Return to Growing tips