Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

tiniest clones

All amateur growers can ask here there questions about growing.

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

tiniest clones

Postby frenchalien » Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:54 am

Right now I have a question you guys may help me with : I set up the tinest grow space I ever had, due to space matter.it's 0,75 square meter, 1,80 sq. meter high.
I grew 2 mother plants from locally bred seeds : one is a northern lightsxshiva re crossed with a white widow twice...chrystal shiva could be a good name: it flowers in 55 days, definitely smells like NL.Low, very compact, huge wide cola, full of resin.A true success.
The other is a chrystal, afghani looking like phenotype.

I cloned them, kept the mothers in a distinctive room.

I am not accustomed to growing in such small places, so I have no idea of how early I should put my rooted clones into flowering.With some sativa strains one can flower as soon as the clones has enough roots to support themselves, but I'm quite anxious about how it will go for a 95% indica strain.

aside from that, the other local strains are :

Chrystal recrossed back twice with a white widow ( never try to do this , it gives the worst results ever...just retarded plants)
Orange Bud X Haze X widow : this is some kickass strain...

thx in advance for your inputs guys
Last edited by frenchalien on Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
frenchalien

Postby milehigh » Sat Aug 19, 2006 4:07 pm

Welkom in Hempcity Frenchalien.

I have flowered Indica's as soon as they rooted. Some never got more then 200 centimeters tall. But some streched to half a meter. They will flower just fine, you will just get much less product when done. If I had that much room I would think about 2 weeks of veg in 18/6 would be about right with a Indica Dominent strain.

good luck and post photos if you can.

mh
We're all here, because we're not all there.
milehigh
Hemp City Lover

• Website

Postby frenchalien » Sat Aug 19, 2006 7:01 pm

thank you milehigh.

now I know what I can expect, in terms of crop.
I'll post some pics of the setup and plants about monday , and I'll post updates, especially so you see those strains.
I actually put them into flowering because I had to restart from scratch and have nothing yet :)_coco soil and biobizz food.

have a great weekend !
frenchalien

Postby frenchalien » Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:07 am

here are the pics.
First the setup: a 400W hps, 7,5 liters pots with coco fiber, and biobizz food.above what you see is the clone chamber with fluoros and bonsai moms.
mesh on the walls to bind almost every branch so air circulates in the romm, and the branches all get max light.That's true bio crop enhancment :)

second pic , the clones.They were put into flowering 4 days ago.The strain on the right is already showing sex.these all are the NLxShivaxWidow cross, afghani like pheno on the right.It's a local strain, crossed by friends, that is stable, grows perfectly, with thick stems, big crops, insane resin production, and great NLxShiva taste, just more resinous.High takes an hour to load up, about 5 hours to get away.

frenchalien

Postby milehigh » Mon Aug 21, 2006 3:03 pm

Hey, those look great. Nice tight nodes and good coloring. I am guessing about 30 grams dry weight per plant when finished. Maybe more. They will stretch for a couple of weeks before settling into bud making factories. Nice work.. Don't over water.

mh :D
milehigh
Hemp City Lover

• Website

Postby frenchalien » Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:51 am

Hehe you noticed the signs of over watering on the plant on the right

I agree they're cool.In the upper pic you also see a B52 clone I'm turning into a mum.
More pics to come when it gets interesting.

I have a PH question , if anyone knows about it.Some clones display some intervenial chlorosis, which is generally due to a lack of magnesium, which is itself due to a PH problem.I know it's because of coco's own ph, but dont get how I should treat it...what do you think, more acid into the plant food, or less ? I always have to correct the tapwater's acidity before I water

thank you
frenchalien

Postby milehigh » Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:35 pm

If you correct the tap water and adjust it to approx. 6, then you should not have to worry about it. The only way to know for sure is to over water one plant next time and measure the run off from the coco.

Good stuff.

mh
milehigh
Hemp City Lover

• Website

Postby AmeriSkunk » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:09 pm

Ive heard of canna coco doing this, also I read that if you check your runoff that the ph jumps to about 7.5. I dont really know why or what it would do but Ive heard of people have probs with the coco before.

Is watering till you have runoff overwatering? I allways did that to keep from getting "salt" buildups in the sphagnum moss, wich would happen unless I waterered them unti the runoff was clear.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby frenchalien » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:39 pm

mmm no I dont , or not on purpose.There's noway I can water without having the water run off the container almost instantly, though the coco is always kept wet.
I started adding some enzymes to the water, it seems that it helps.Weird thing is that the chlorosis happens on growing shoots, then disappears as the leaves devellop.

for my tap water, 9 drops of acid for 1 liter of water gives a 5,9 PH.I tried 8drops today and it seems to get better already.
the coco I used is supposed to be buffered, weird.Most people who use coco use canna coco food and they have no problem, but I'm into biobizz' liquid poo....
frenchalien

Postby AmeriSkunk » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:48 pm

I hope you got the unscented

I was really asking mh about the overwatering
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby frenchalien » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:34 am

ameriskunk, I found out that coco fibers act as a trap for magnesium and calcium.Now i wonder how to fix that, maybe by polishing every single fiber...
frenchalien

Postby frenchalien » Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:34 pm

most comprehensive guide on coco growing I ever saw :
http://www.texashydroponics.com/shop/pr ... oductid=22

it will be usefull to many for sure
frenchalien

Postby frenchalien » Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:51 am

ok the clones are one week older, they have doubled in height, hopefully they'll double again at least, because so far it's friggen ridiculous.

moms
frenchalien

Postby frenchalien » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:41 am

woa it's been a week off on the forum

the clones grew up so much it was the sign of a sex reverseal due to aa few light leaks.Balls everywhere after the pistils grew.Cut off everything, including the room.enjoy, not a grower anymore :)
frenchalien

Return to Growing tips