Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

Indoor Growing Advice.

All amateur growers can ask here there questions about growing.

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

Indoor Growing Advice.

Postby tinyman » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:42 am

Hello all, I just joined and i was wondering if someone could suply me with a simple Indoor growing guide. Nothing to fancey, Just something for a starter. and Hopefully recomend a seed or 2. Thanks.
tinyman

Postby forever_stoned » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:51 pm

buy a book lol
forever_stoned

Postby tinyman » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:28 pm

From?
tinyman

Postby Catman » Sat Apr 29, 2006 3:14 pm

Try fsbookco.com
Catman

Postby liteyouup » Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:41 pm

Indoor Marijuana Horticulture wasn't bad. I didn't agree with everything, but over all, it had some helpful info.
Tony
liteyouup

Postby forever_stoned » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:53 pm

try http://www.weedcity.com
forever_stoned

indoor growing books

Postby deliriumt » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:22 pm

'closet cultivator' by ed rosenthal is an excellent book for beginners in indoor growing who want to start with a low budget etc.

I used to own a copy when I first started out years ago and found it to contain really good advice and some ingenious but cheap small scale hydro systems.

also for advanced reading I would recommend the marijuana growers handbook/bible again by ed rosenthal, this book contains a lot of information for advaced tehniques as well as scientific information about the plant and T.H.C etc.

I have many years experience as a grower now with hydroponic (mainly NFT) on a modest scale as well as indoor organic using soil.

in recent times I have grown small scale in closets/cupboards using pots filled with clay pebbles and hand feeding them, the knowledge and information I obtained through reading 'closet cultivator' has certainly help with my most recent grow projects :) so definately highly recommended reading for first time growers.

hope this helps

regards

deliriumt
deliriumt
Site Admin

Postby AmeriSkunk » Mon May 08, 2006 5:07 pm

You don't have to read any books but they will help you understand what you plant needs to get to the flowering stage and then to harvest.

Know you light requirements,
Light selection is important because different colors do different things, Metal Halide is best for veg, and HPS lights for flowering, but it is possible to grow with a group of fluoro lights and they can be sat very close without risking burning them. cheaper too

In veg time it is safe to run you lights 24hours a day for the whole veg period this will let the plants grow faster in turn finish faster. You can veg for over a year if you want giant plants but I switch them to a 12/12 when they are about 12in tall.

In veg time use a flowering fert ment for flowening plants, dont get something that could burn the plants and give them at least 8weeks, they may need more time depending on temp/genetics

Harvesting the plants, cut the down at the stem base, trim the plants of the excess leaves and hang them to dry in preferrably a humidity controlled room(no more than 40% humidity, more will cause bud rot) for around 10 days in a humidity controlled room.
7 days out of a humidity controlled room the outside of the buds get crunchy and the inside is still moist, but the moisture will even out once in a bag, thats why this way is sort of a crap-shoot

Just remember that is is a plant and you can only make it grow soo fast, don't exceed the normal dosage of plant food and most importantly [b] HAVE PATIENCE
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Return to Growing tips