Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

euro mail protest for imprisonment of cannabis hero u.k

The UN, the US and the Dutch government all act against cannabis and coffeeshops! This seems an organised attack...

Moderators: deliriumt, milehigh, CoolZero

euro mail protest for imprisonment of cannabis hero u.k

Postby polman » Sun Jan 11, 2004 10:58 pm

send him some support his prison address is in below letter

print and post the above picture to him too, so it is circulated and put it online everywhere to spread it around.

tell a freind :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :!:get involved he, has for us all

love to learn learn to love
euro mail protest for imprisonment of cannabis cripple u.k

THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The "war on drugs"
View previous topic :: View next topic
polman
getting into high spirits

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:48 am Post subject: euro mail protest for imprisonment of cannabis cripple u.k

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

greeting fellow liberators ,pioneers, good buddies and cannabis lovers and patients,

r.e direct action for chris baldwin, a u.k suffering and crippled cannabis politician who has been incarcerated for providing healing to u.k sufferers through cannabis cafe

could we all send in shade leaf into prison in empty envelopes to chris baldwin as protest, and as an act of national cival disobiedience and in esscence attempt to mass supply chris b cannabis in prison, it will be intercepted!! hence not buds, but it will drain the resources of those who have to open and censor prison mail and further show them the futility of thir penal actions, and predjudices against sufferers who rely on thc to relieve crippling conditions such as chris has

below is the newspaper article related to his conviction

PRO-CANNABIS TRADER JAILED

A disabled pro-cannabis campaigner has been jailed for six months after opening a Dutch-style coffee shop.

Protestors wept and shouted:"You're sending a cripple to jail" when Chris Baldwin, 53, of Carnegie Close, Worthing, was imprisoned for his involvement in the notorious Quantum Leaf cafe in Rowlands Road, Worthing.

Police had to clear Chichester Crown Court when some of the 30-strong group refused to leave the public gallery.

During a series of police raids in November 2002, officers stormed the cafe, set in a back room of a smoking accessory shop called Bongchuffa. Officers found and estimated £2000 worth of cannabis plus more than £4000 in cash.

At yesterday's hearing, Judge John Sessions accepted Baldwin has opened the cafe as a political statement to encourage the Government to legalise the soon-to-be reclassified class B drug, and to provide free cannabis or people with painful health conditions.

Peter Woodall, in mitigation, said further cannabis possession offences were due to Baldwin suffering from spastic paraplegia since the age of seven.

The campaigner, who stood for the Legalise Cannabis Alliance (LCA) in the 1997 General Election, used marijuana to alleviate his consequent leg spasms.

Former Metropolitan Police Detective Chief Superintendent, Edward Ellison, who served in the drug squad for seven years and had met Baldwin at LCA marches, spoke as a character witness.

However, the judge said ignoring Baldwin's two previous suspended sentences for other drug offences would make a "mockery of the law".

He said," With considerable reluctance, I have no alternative to a custodial sentence, which I have reduced to take into account the impending reclassification of sentencing."

Baldwin had pleaded guilty to allowing cannabis to be used at a property, possession with intent to supply cannabis and possession of cannabis.

Before the hearing, he said," I'd written hundreds of letters to the Home Office, went to every pro cannabis rally, march and meeting, and lobbied Parliament. I felt a coffee shop was at the sharp end of the political campaign."

Mark Benson, 37, of Irene Avenue, Lancing, who worked at the Bongchuffa shop, pleaded guilty to permitting cannabis to be used in the premises and cultivating cannabis plants. He was given a four month curfew order.

Winston Matthews, 47, of Court Lodge Road, Horley, was given a suspended four month jail term after he admitted possession of cannabis with intent to supply, supplying cannabis, possession and cultivation of cannabis.

best wishes and never give in!!!!

mr j:-)

you know it makes sensi

write to:
Mr Chris Baldwin
HMP High Down
High Down Lane
Sutton
Surrey
SM2 5PJ

with only shade leaf in it and please dont put a return to sender you may get caught

for more info on u.k activist scene and action (direct) contact

lorcan
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:36 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry i dont have access to herb at present (soon), but i wll be sending some mail to him
God Bless your work
lorcan (rev.)

Please Sign: http://www.freeirishweed.tk

watch my site develop..... http://www.weblk.tk

Boojum

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:19 pm Post subject:

Update regarding this : the LCA are still deciding whether it would be better to send shade leaves direct to Blair & Blunkett, with a note bearing the word "medicine", as it is felt this may serve more purpose & also won't get Chris in trouble. But please send messages of support to Chris at the Prison address.

Also I just got another email regarding Chris
Quote:
ALL
>
> Chris Balwin on hunger strike in HMP High Down, Sutton
> Surrey.
>
> I have received a phone call from Trev. [Chris's Carrer] and Sarah Chalk
> they are very angry.
>
> Chris has only been given a vegan meal for the first time today. [Sunday]
> From what I understand, he didn't like the taste and was offered no
> alternative.
>
> Chris has now said that he is going on hunger strike, apparently refusing
> ALL food and water.
>
> ****Please forward this message to any news list/forums you are subscribed
>
> ****Please print our the attach and send it to Chris with a message of
> support - and enclose some stamps if you are minded.
>
> ***Chris has no cash and no more credit on his phone card and is unlikely
to
> get a visit until Wednesday -" nod wink" !
>
> Mr Chris Baldwin
> HMP High Down
> High Down Lane
> Sutton
> Surrey
> SM2 5PJ
>
> THE PHONE NUMBER FOR THE PRISON IS ...
>
> 02087226300
>
> WHY NOT FAX THEM ON
>
> 02087 226301
>
>
> I did call the prison to be told that the Human right law stopped them
> talking to me - I asked them to ask Chris for his authority and was told
> they could not do this.
>
> Will keep you informed
>
> Press Office
> Legalise Cannabis Alliance
> PO Box 198, Norwich,
> NR3 3WB
> http://www.lca-uk.org
>
> Tel: 07984 255015

I realise most folks here are outside the UK, but I'm sure Chris would appreciate any messages of support. I intend to write letters to UK newspapers to help publicise the injustice of a sick man persecuted for his desire to provide others with a truly effective medicine. If anyone else is of a letter-writing bent, perhaps letters to newspapers in other countries may serve to highlight the global injustices faced by the sick...
Last edited by polman on Sun Jan 18, 2004 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
you know it makes sensi
budzwizer
polman

update from boojum -thc ministry.net

Postby polman » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:01 pm

Update regarding this : the LCA are still deciding whether it would be better to send shade leaves direct to Blair & Blunkett, with a note bearing the word "medicine", as it is felt this may serve more purpose & also won't get Chris in trouble. But please send messages of support to Chris at the Prison address.

Quote:
ALL
>
> Surrey.
>
> they are very angry.
>
> alternative.
>
> ALL food and water.
>
>
>
to
>
> Mr Chris Baldwin
> HMP High Down
> High Down Lane
> Sutton
> Surrey
> SM2 5PJ
>
>
> 02087226300
>
> WHY NOT FAX THEM ON
>
> 02087 226301
>
>
>
> Will keep you informed
>
> Press Office
> PO Box 198, Norwich,
> NR3 3WB
>
you know it makes sensi
budzwizer
polman

wanna help euro mail protest, join in now!

Postby polman » Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:11 pm

send him some support his prison address is in below letter

print and post the above picture to him too, so it is circulated and put it online everywhere to spread it around.

tell a freind :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :!:get involved he, has for us all

love to learn learn to love.

Home | FAQ | Search | Memberlist | Usergroups | Profile | You have no new messages | Log out [ polman ] | Links

euro mail protest for imprisonment of cannabis cripple u.k

THC Ministry :: Community Forum Index -> The "war on drugs"
View previous topic :: View next topic
polman
getting into high spirits

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 11:48 am Post subject: euro mail protest for imprisonment of cannabis cripple u.k

greeting fellow liberators ,pioneers, good buddies and cannabis lovers and patients,

r.e direct action for chris baldwin, a u.k suffering and crippled cannabis politician who has been incarcerated for providing healing to u.k sufferers through cannabis cafe

could we all send in shade leaf into prison in empty envelopes to chris baldwin as protest, and as an act of national cival disobiedience and in esscence attempt to mass supply chris b cannabis in prison, it will be intercepted!! hence not buds, but it will drain the resources of those who have to open and censor prison mail and further show them the futility of thir penal actions, and predjudices against sufferers who rely on thc to relieve crippling conditions such as chris has

below is the newspaper article related to his conviction

PRO-CANNABIS TRADER JAILED

A disabled pro-cannabis campaigner has been jailed for six months after opening a Dutch-style coffee shop.

Protestors wept and shouted:"You're sending a cripple to jail" when Chris Baldwin, 53, of Carnegie Close, Worthing, was imprisoned for his involvement in the notorious Quantum Leaf cafe in Rowlands Road, Worthing.

Police had to clear Chichester Crown Court when some of the 30-strong group refused to leave the public gallery.

During a series of police raids in November 2002, officers stormed the cafe, set in a back room of a smoking accessory shop called Bongchuffa. Officers found and estimated £2000 worth of cannabis plus more than £4000 in cash.

At yesterday's hearing, Judge John Sessions accepted Baldwin has opened the cafe as a political statement to encourage the Government to legalise the soon-to-be reclassified class B drug, and to provide free cannabis or people with painful health conditions.

Peter Woodall, in mitigation, said further cannabis possession offences were due to Baldwin suffering from spastic paraplegia since the age of seven.

The campaigner, who stood for the Legalise Cannabis Alliance (LCA) in the 1997 General Election, used marijuana to alleviate his consequent leg spasms.

Former Metropolitan Police Detective Chief Superintendent, Edward Ellison, who served in the drug squad for seven years and had met Baldwin at LCA marches, spoke as a character witness.

However, the judge said ignoring Baldwin's two previous suspended sentences for other drug offences would make a "mockery of the law".

He said," With considerable reluctance, I have no alternative to a custodial sentence, which I have reduced to take into account the impending reclassification of sentencing."

Baldwin had pleaded guilty to allowing cannabis to be used at a property, possession with intent to supply cannabis and possession of cannabis.

Before the hearing, he said," I'd written hundreds of letters to the Home Office, went to every pro cannabis rally, march and meeting, and lobbied Parliament. I felt a coffee shop was at the sharp end of the political campaign."

Mark Benson, 37, of Irene Avenue, Lancing, who worked at the Bongchuffa shop, pleaded guilty to permitting cannabis to be used in the premises and cultivating cannabis plants. He was given a four month curfew order.

Winston Matthews, 47, of Court Lodge Road, Horley, was given a suspended four month jail term after he admitted possession of cannabis with intent to supply, supplying cannabis, possession and cultivation of cannabis.

best wishes and never give in!!!!

mr j:-)

you know it makes sensi

write to:
Mr Chris Baldwin
HMP High Down
High Down Lane
Sutton
Surrey
SM2 5PJ

with only shade leaf in it and please dont put a return to sender you may get caught

for more info on u.k activist scene and action (direct) contact

lorcan
Cannabis Sacrament Minister

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 12:36 pm Post subject:

sorry i dont have access to herb at present (soon), but i wll be sending some mail to him
God Bless your work
lorcan (rev.)

Please Sign: http://www.freeirishweed.tk

watch my site develop..... http://www.weblk.tk

Boojum

Posted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 3:19 pm Post subject:

Quote:
ALL
>
> Surrey.
>
> they are very angry.
>
> alternative.
>
> ALL food and water.
>
>
>
to
>
> Mr Chris Baldwin
> HMP High Down
> High Down Lane
> Sutton
> Surrey
> SM2 5PJ
>
>
> 02087226300
>
> WHY NOT FAX THEM ON
>
> 02087 226301
>
>
>
> Will keep you informed
>
> Press Office
> PO Box 198, Norwich,
> NR3 3WB
>

I realise most folks here are outside the UK, but I'm sure Chris would appreciate any messages of support. I intend to write letters to UK newspapers to help publicise the injustice of a sick man persecuted for his desire to provide others with a truly effective medicine. If anyone else is of a letter-writing bent, perhaps letters to newspapers in other countries may serve to highlight the global injustices faced by the sick...
you know it makes sensi
budzwizer
polman

letter from chris baldwin

Postby polman » Wed Feb 18, 2004 12:24 pm

A Day Out for Chris Baldwin. Prison Number JC9521

Friday 30/01/04

Got up at 5.30am - finished packing my stuff and tidied up the cell. Had a small bowl of cereal and Soya milk for breakfast then waited to be called.

About am I was taken to the reception area. My stuff was searched and x-rayed and I was strip searched. Taken to a holding room with a few other prisoners and waited.

Led out and put into a "sweat box" van. Here you are put into a small locked box type area about the size of a cupboard (no room to move about). We set off but had to pick up 2 more prisoners. I was offered a non vegan sandwich that I could not eat, then given a bag of crisps. The journey took over 2 hours and by the time we arrived I was so stiff that I could hardly move. Taken into Ford prison reception area and waited with lots of other prisoners. The process was slow and it was ages before I was finally booked in.

My stuff was searched again. I had separated my clean clothes from my dirty clothes in 2 plastic bags to keep them separate. They tipped the whole lot out and threw them back into one bag (all mixed up). Strip searched again and put into prison clothes that were so thin that I was freezing cold. Also told that I couldn't have my radio/CD player back until next Wednesday.

The trip to our rooms was quite a long walk and the recent bad weather meant that the ground was slippery, so I refused to walk it and asked for a wheelchair. Eventually one was found and I was taken to the health check-in centre. Next I was told that they didn't have a disabled cell for me and that I would have to double up with another prisoner. There was no toilet in the cell. I would have to walk about 20 yards to use the loo. At this point I started shouting at them and told them it wasn't right that they were treating me this way. I finally refused to comply with their request. (In a normal prison you have no choice, but in an open prison they had to take me in)>

They put me in a waiting room and said someone would come and see me. At this point, I simply broke down. I started shaking and cried my eyes out. A man and woman came in and tried to calm me down, but I was in such a state that it became obvious that placating me was impossible.

They went off to see what could be done. A very nice orderly (prisoner) brought me some toast and a cup of herbal tea. Eventually I was told that I would have to return to High Down. To this I complained that another journey in a sweat box was out of the question, so they agreed to take me by taxi. I travelled back to High Down in a taxi accompanied by a guard. Both of them were very nice to me.

I arrived back at High Down at about 7pm. Again my stuff was searched and so was I (although not strip searched this time). I was informed that my cell was now occupied by another prisoner and they had nothing else available, so I was put back on the Healthcare wing. I got my stereo back but no socket to plug it in, and no TV.

The cell is freezing cold and I only have two blankets on my bed, so I will have to sleep in my clothes.

It's now 11pm and I feel totally alone and demoralised.

Tomorrow I will be moved to another cell (hopefully) , but I don't know where I will be put and the prospect is frightening.

I am chain smoking cigarettes (roll-ups) as it is the only comfort I can find. The only word I can think of to describe the way I feel is wretched. I feel as though I am being punished because I am disabled.

To sum up - Before I was moved I had a single cell with a TV and my radio/CD player. I also had a good selection of books from the library. I had made many friends and was being looked after by them.

The unit was compact and I didn't have to travel far for the things I needed.

Ford Open Prison is a large area that requires a lot of walking, much of which is outside which makes conditions treacherous on elbow crutches in this weather.

In just over 3 weeks, I will probably be eligible for release on a tag. So why did they bother to move me? I was told that my only punishment would be incarceration yet I have been subjected to brutal and sadistic treatment all in the name of Justice.

Signed

Chris Baldwin
you know it makes sensi
budzwizer
polman

Return to The Worlwide War on Cannabis