Hempcity in the press

Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

What kind of music do u listen to stoned?

Tell us about your extra-ordinairy smoking experiences, super dooper smoke or smokers.

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

What kind of music do u listen to stoned?

Postby green_chill » Sat Apr 12, 2003 9:57 pm

I love music and there is no better time to listen to it than when your stoned. I read an article about a german university student who tested the responsiveness of people listening to music while being stoned. He concluded that music is heard more intensive and much more clear ie. each note is heard. i can't find the article, i think i must have left it in holland because i didn't want to bring anything that could be suspicious for the police, back.
Anyways i really enjoy listening to acid jazz (st.germain) or lounge (jaffa, mohoizons.) when i smoke up. 60s stuff like "The Velvet Underground" and newer things like "radiohead" also kick ass.
what about u folks. anything u recommend or enjoy?
green_chill

my top ten...pop pickers

Postby grace » Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:12 pm

not half!!
at 10, cosheen
at 9, nirvana
in at 8 we have the cure
at 7 ...its ministry
at no. 6 this week its bjork..not half mate!
down at 5 we have wycleff jean
in at 4 its massive attack
at this weeks 3 its faithless
at 2, jimi hendrix
and this weeks number one......its the doors..
...lets rock mate...not half! :D
....if you cant beat them.....leave them!
grace

Postby Weirduck » Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:49 pm

1. Big Bud - Late Night Blues Disc 2 (& the Stone Groove) [Very soft Dnb] ... This music was made for us :)
  2. Blame [soft dnb]
  3. The newest disc of Massive Attack
  4. Genelec & Memphis Reigns ["underground" hiphop]
  5. Tool & Hypnos69
Weirduck

Claude Challe

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 19, 2003 4:02 pm

i just bought an amazaing album - "Claude Challe - Out Of Phase, N.E.W Sound Experience". Its a compilation of lounge music from the scandanavian scene. definately worth buying. its an incredible mix of arabic, indian, south american and african music with a touch of the french lounge scene. chilled out, sophisticated and very psychellic

qoute from claude challe:
With the musical experience comes the blending of cold machines, the warmth of ancient instruments and the strangeness of voices that seem to come from far away. For all you flying people these musical swirls will carry you away, like they carried me away, when all you want to do is lose yourself ... Herbally yours
Claude Challe

amazing Grace

Postby OLD TIMER HOBBIT » Sun Apr 20, 2003 11:46 pm

Faithless and Kosheen.Yeh especially tracks like God Is A d.j and Bring My Family Back from Faithless and Kosheens I want It All and Gone are brill.Other albums I love are a Scottish band called Glass who are a more psycadelic rock band who are playing in Newcastle on 1st May with All About Eve. Oldies I love Umma Gumma -Pink Floyd.Foxtrot-Genesis.
I also love albums like Bhudda beats and Karma sunset. :lol:
Stoners have a wide range in tastes of music, my straight friend who is in his forties only likes 70s and 80s music like Elton Yawn,Simply Dread and
Dioheer Straights.and a youngish straight friend of mine only likes grunge and punk. :lol:
THERE IS N0 SUCH THING AS A BAD RACE ONLY THEIR MASTERS
OLD TIMER HOBBIT

GLASS WEBSITE

Postby OLD TIMER HOBBIT » Mon Apr 21, 2003 1:53 pm

You can get more info at their website at
http://www.glass-planet.co.uk
OLD TIMER HOBBIT

Postby THawk » Mon Apr 21, 2003 5:39 pm

Certainly agree with the Faithless tracks, add 'salva mea' to those as well... plus lots of trance/dance music, plus the usual stones/beatles/hendrix/etc/etc.
THawk

A BIT MORE FAITHLESS

Postby OLD TIMER HOBBIT » Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:56 pm

Musn't forget Not Enuff Love,Evergreen and we come 1.Another great sort of rock /indie album Rings Around The World - Super Furry Animals. :lol: Under a year ago I hated all dance music but after seeing Faithless on t.v. at Glastonbury festival I was hooked but I still loathe gangster rap,drum and bass and hardcore.Check out Glass by visiting the site in a week or two when the photos are downloaded.
OLD TIMER HOBBIT

music

Postby Guest » Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:47 pm

faithless is really amazing. does anyone here know the song "woozy" or "the beach song". really chilled out stuff. i don´t really like their new album though. i saw them perform it on tv and it was amazing. i bought it and i thought ... ok it did sound better live than on cd, if u get what i mean.

i hate gangster rap. :evil: it annoys me so much. all these really "evil" "low down" hard" guys singing about the "hood" and making alot of money while doing so. i apreciate the rap that has socially critical lyrics but gangster rap is just bs. the new rnb like mariah carrey is just as bad.

so many people siad that the new massive attack album was o great. i only have mezzanine. is the new one similar or even better?

Postby green_chill » Sat Apr 26, 2003 10:49 am

the last post was from me green chill. for some reason the sight hasn´t allowed me to sign in. oh well maybe itz cause i am using another computer.
i just heard two songs from the white stripes. real nice music actually. i think i might buy that album
green_chill

Postby grace » Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:21 pm

i notice you like massive attack, gc..may i reccomend 'protection' no, no im not threatning you! its a really good album from 1994 ish on circa records...karma coma is a rather trippy lil tune..
also may i suggest listening to it with some really trippy sativa... nebula works well, also any haze does the trick...lets you drift in and out with the music...with your head feeling like its been stuffed into a warm cotton wool filled tea-chest!
crazy but controlled and fizzy like a sherbert giraffe!
8)
....if you cant beat them.....leave them!
grace

Smasshive attack

Postby OLD TIMER HOBBIT » Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:38 pm

Protection track the bees knees with that wee lassie fae everything but the girl.but can anybody tell me what song of theirs had a video of a stripper it made me very horny.
Chat up line
:lol: me- do you think cannabis is an aphrodisiac
girl - I don't know
me - Give me a shag and I'll tell you.
OLD TIMER HOBBIT

stoner music

Postby qahouaji » Mon Apr 28, 2003 8:35 am

hey green chill--

almost any type of jazz music--"smooth jazz" excepted--is great for smoking grass. grass is perfect for long, involved bursts of improvisation and it always sounds cool. with "acid jazz," maybe pick up some idris muhammad, he's great. also check out the "jazz fusion" albums of the early 70s--maybe miles davis's "agharta". it's jazz influenced, but the guitar riffs will knock anybody's ass right out.

then there's "funk jazz." i really dig the albums herbie hancock did in the 70s. simply too cool for words and sounds incredible, like heaven.

jazz and reefer, go together like art and madness. just great, keep listening. now i'm not real acquainted with the "hip-hop jazz," but i like it as well. good for relaxing is latin jazz or samba music, really cool.

--qahouaji
qahouaji

Smoothjazz.com

Postby CoolZero » Mon Apr 28, 2003 11:22 am

I like to listen smoothjazz.com in coffeeshops. It's really relaxing music and keeps you guaranteed chill.

Just visit them by clicking on the link below...

http://www.smoothjazz.com

Happy listening...
==========
Axia et Resona
==========
CoolZero
Hemp City Lover

Postby DJ Pervert » Wed May 07, 2003 10:36 pm

Nightmares on wax
DJ Pervert

Next

Return to Smokers tales...