Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

Where is the choir?

Consciencious, Spiritually-Progressive, Marijuana-Smokers Support Group

Moderators: deliriumt, milehigh, CoolZero

Where is the choir?

Postby SoberStoner » Sat May 24, 2003 6:47 am

I know there are more people out there who are turning on to the spiritual healing aspects of cannabis. Surely there havent been ministries created for the express purpose of extoling the value of cannabis and no one has joined them?

Perhaps we are all in the same state of mind. We are solid enough in our beliefs to not have to continually repeat them in a transparent attempt to appear as if we actually believe. Perhaps we are all waiting for someone to show the way, preferring to be the choir to the ministers sermon.

I don't want to be a minister, even tho I am ordained as one. As individuals, we are all the best judge of our beliefs because they are our own beliefs. Nobody can tell me what I think or how I feel. This is the ultimate truth behind true religious freedom, cannabis related or not. You dont need your truth verified by others, because it isnt their truth, it's yours.

My own ministry is miniscule, almost non-existant, in fact, it could even be called downright pitiful. But I dont mind. As far as I know, I am the only member of my church. And I like it that way. Most churches require some sort of 'visible' commitment. I believe that if you want to be a member of my church, then you already are, you dont need to contribute any money at any time and you dont need to sign a book, you dont even have to go to a service, you just need to believe in the two greatest gifts for humanity (more on that later). All I ask is that if you discuss our church you do not 'preach' and try to force our beliefs on someone else. Why? No matter what you believe, how is making that belief visible to the world going to reinforce your belief? In most cases, it wont and it isnt supposed too. No, most times when you preach to others it is to convert them from what is 'wrong' (their truth) to what is 'right' (your truth). This is pompous, arrogant, and wholly unneccessary. How can I possibly tell you what I believe is THE truth? That everyone else is wrong? I cant. I dont know if I'm right or wrong. Nobody does. Until you realize that simple fact (noone knows who is right or wrong, or even if there is a right and wrong) you cannot truly understand your own religious beliefs. In the end, it all ends up as nothing more than baseless hope. We all want our beliefs to be true, we all hope they are, but nobody can say for sure. If they could, we wouldnt need multiple religions to give us their version of the truth.

Blind faith is the most heinous form of ignorance. Questioning our beliefs is the only thing that allows us to confirm and reaffirm our beliefs. However, to become truly accepting of our faith, we must allow ourselves the ability to question that very faith. We must allow our beliefs to be pliable, to listen to someone's honest questions about our faith and our beliefs, for the world is a fluid place where things change constantly. By making our beliefs non-flexible, we only strangle the growth of our faith.

I have mentioned faith and belief many times, but not once have I mentioned a god. Why is that? Honestly, I dont think of GOD as the popular description of an all-powerful gigantic white dude with a robe floating on a cloud, so I am uncomfortable with the use of the word GOD as it pertains to my religious beliefs. I also think that whatever god is, it encompasses more than just the typical big white dude in a robe symbolism. Whether you call it fate, Allah, karma, God, destiny, or Flooble the Stupendous, I dont think we can ever be truly sure what this cosmic entity wants, if it wants anything at all, or if it even cares, let alone if it even exits and isnt just some remnant of our evolution that humanity needs to believe something created it with a purpose and we arent just here because of nothing more than just a random fluke of chance.

Do I believe in a god? Most definitely. I think that we were created with the universe as our playground, just as we are god's playground. I also believe that God (For lack of a better term) created humanity and gave it the gifts it would need to thrive. The two most important of these gifts are cannabis and free thought. Free thought is one of the things that allows us to rise above the animal kindom and establish ourselves as the dominant species on the planet (though not neccessarily the greatest). Cannabis has been related to the ancient tree of life, and the more I study cannabis and it's myriad of uses, the more I believe that yes, maybe cannabis truly is the key to our salvation. For with cannabis, we can wean ourselves from the parasitic lifestyles we have been living for the last century or three.

The hands are tiring and the post is rambling, yet there is so much left to say. Perhaps I've said too much already however. As I said earlier, I dont want to be a minister, even though I am one. I want to be the choir. I want to sing the praises of humanity, even if only to myself. However, it is time for me to step down and allow someone else to sing.

Sing brothers and sisters, sing. Ask your questions of my beliefs or of your own. Don't be afraid to speak, and make sure that you listen to the answers you recieve, for even if they may be wrong for you, for the person speaking they could be as important as the beliefs you hold yourself. And who knows, you may just find a little bit of truth to take with you.

Peace and love,

SS
SoberStoner

Return to Holy Smokers