Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

Cannabis Sativa the right name

Do you want help selling your products, or offer cannabusiness franchises, give it a try here.

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

Postby deliriumt » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:57 am

afghan #1 I also like :)

totally agree there nice taste and a very nice stone also

as for purps the same :) depends which ones you grow

e.g shaman from dutch passion is mostly sativa and very nice energetic high from it, also not a long flowering one.

check out these pics from last year.

http://www.hempcity.net/usersgallery/di ... t=0&pos=13

http://www.hempcity.net/usersgallery/di ... t=0&pos=14

it is a nice smoke, very unusual flavour ?? liqourice ?? cough medicene ?? one must smoke to see what I mean :)

if you flick to other pics either side you will also see how short the plan actually was but still produced nice sized kolas and also some other strains growing at the time :) e.g. durban skunk which is the lanky bastard next to the shaman in backround etc.
Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
deliriumt
Site Admin

Postby AmeriSkunk » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:31 am

The links arent working DeliriumT, do you think i need to login for them to work I never had to before but shit happens.

Liqourice is one of my least fav flavors but its still pot so I'm sure I'd enjoy it.

Me and another member of ICmag were convercing earlier and were having a debate over where the oil is produced, inside the calyxes or in the trichs, whats your take on this? I say that the calyxes produce the oil, the reason I say this is because I've smoke bunk trash weed before and you could see that the trichs had no oil in them, they just looked like white hairs(not pistils) and the weed still got me slightly high so I say that the calyxes produce the oil and the trichs become saturated. This is one of those brain busters :D so any answer is appreciated.

At first glance most would say the trichs produce the oil yada, yada, yada, and thats why we make hash from them. But if you really think about it the reason why the trichs are more potent by weight is because there is no chlorophyll to weighten them, trichs are still plant material obviously but they are more pure because of the lack of chlorophyll. This is my argument, he says that the trichs produce the oil but if they do then why did we(my friends and I) still get high off the bunk weed with fiberous trichs. Some may say that the plant material gets you high alone but I know this isn't true because I love me some BHO and I have been despirate enough to smoke the extracted buds and I know for a fact that it didn't and wont get anyone high. What do you think Delirium anyone else with well thought out opinions feel free to comment.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby deliriumt » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:33 pm

the links should just work as they are no need to login ???

I think the same as you with regards to resin production.

normally a plant in nature would get pollinated so the calyxes become seeds sacks so only then will the majority of the resin be produced on the outside via the trichomes and is intended to protect the seeds.

of couse with sensi no seed so calyx becomes more of a pure giant resin pod with other stuff of course like clorophyll and other plant matter.

at least this is the way I think of it ???

what do you think of this thought ??

regards

deliriumt
Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
deliriumt
Site Admin

Postby AmeriSkunk » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:44 pm

I think that you and I are on the same page about this because I have smoked many different varieties of weed, not all good and this is where it gets tricky when youy only smoke top notch bud there are more trichs, when you smoke ditch weed theres not so many and the oil content is lowered. But that is not to say that it's the trichs that produce the oil, I can see how one would think this. But if you have ever smoked trash weed thats prolly 1% THC and you look at the trichs you can see that there nothing but white fibers, weather the oil fills the fibers or surrounds it is another debate. Upon very close inspection(blown up pics) of ditch weed trich you can see that there are no caps to the trichs only white fibers, but the weed although weak will still get you slightly high. This is why I believe that the oil has to be produced inside that calyx.

I have also came to the conclusion after smoking a many O bowls of seeded pot that the seeds do not affect the taste or potency its actually the waxy shroud that is made inside the calyx that effects taste dramatically and when the plant grows this waxy shroud(wich is non-existant in sensi pot) it also cuts into the the weight of the pot, thus making it weaker by weight, do you undrerstand all this? If you take a needle and pick out the waxy "shroud"(LOL) then the pot will be around the same potency as sensi unless it is left open to the air wich will allow the oil to evaporate. Does this sound right to you, as you can tell I had way too much time on my hands. If anyone else has thoughts about this please share, but give legitamite reasons.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby deliriumt » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:33 am

sorry for the late reply, been pottering around doing some other stuff for a bit, although still loggin in to delete as much spam as possible ;)

what you say seems to make sense to me.

smoked some nice seeded kalx before.

very nice and strong, it was deliberetly pollinated by a local grower to generate more seeds for the following season, good outdoor grower ;)

with this particular batch because it was so nicely dried etc. the "shrouds" popped out along with the seeds most of the time and the rest of the smokable buds tasted wonderful and packed a nice punch.

still have a lot of the seeds now and grew some out before and got some nice plants :)
deliriumt
Site Admin

Postby AmeriSkunk » Tue Nov 28, 2006 4:42 am

Check out the spam job in the Hempcity forum, kinda funny how he wrote it. Spamming innovation :)

Shroud(LOL) :lol:

Peace man
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Previous

Return to Cannabusiness proposals