Hempcity in the press

Dutch Growrooms

Travel reports

Links to friends

Our Cannabis Shops

Image Galleries

Link to Hempcity

Guestbook

What kind of music do u listen to stoned?

Tell us about your extra-ordinairy smoking experiences, super dooper smoke or smokers.

Moderators: deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

Re: music

Postby Weirduck » Sat May 10, 2003 12:49 am

Anonymous wrote:so many people siad that the new massive attack album was o great. i only have mezzanine. is the new one similar or even better?

I haven't heard all of the albums, but for me the newest is definitely the best of them. The album is mostly done by 3D, the best tracks are "somewhat" similar to Risingson or Inertia creeps - but somehow better, more abstract, more trippy... 8)

... but of course that's just my opinion

Recently discovered: Postmen - Does anyone happen to know some artist(s) similar to this?
Weirduck

Music while baked.

Postby papadank » Sat May 10, 2003 6:30 am

Guess it depends on what strain i'm smoking. A thick Indica requires something like Pink Floyd or Led Zep. A peppy Sativa starts bringing on flavors like Nashville Pussy or Thin Lizzy. :twisted:
"The only dream I seem to have is to be free: Free to play my drums, free to design and build computers and networks and the freedom to smoke pot. WAIT: I'm American. I dont enjoy TRUE FREEDOM."
papadank

• YIM

itz all there

Postby green green chill » Mon May 26, 2003 7:08 pm

i just bought two new compilations both kind of jazzy. the first one is called "nu jazz" and some amazing stuff. the other one which i actually prefer is "arabic chillout". it is an amazing combination of arabic drum beats and more or less western/europeen jazz music. really worth buying.

by the way. nol and co. has ure bed and breakfeast opened yet. i am driving to haarlem on thursday and was wondering if u guys have already opened up. i want to stay a night at ure place some time during my holland trip.
green green chill

nu jazz...

Postby CoolZero » Tue May 27, 2003 5:26 pm

Nu jazz is very cool, i have some cd's with nu jazz, and they are really relaxing for the ear!
==========
Axia et Resona
==========
CoolZero
Hemp City Lover

Postby DJ Pervert » Sun Jun 01, 2003 6:23 pm

The Brecker Brothers....

Listen to that whilst smoking. Superb fusion jazz.
DJ Pervert

JIMMY SOMETIMES HATES JAZZ

Postby OLD TIMER HOBBIT » Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:58 pm

I sort of like Miles Davis and Gil Scott Heron but I love the 30s scat from people like Cab Calloway and early Louis Armstrong but I loathe trad,cocktail and freeform.Crossover like Larry Corell and John Mglaughlan and also sssSoft Machine is a groove as well.
THERE IS N0 SUCH THING AS A BAD RACE ONLY THEIR MASTERS
OLD TIMER HOBBIT

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 02, 2003 7:07 am

how about "st germain,s tourist" 8) ............sensibill

Postby CoolZero » Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:44 am

Anonymous wrote:how about "st germain,s tourist" 8) ............sensibill

Yup, that's a good one!!!
==========
Axia et Resona
==========
CoolZero
Hemp City Lover

gil scott=heron

Postby billybarker » Wed Jun 11, 2003 12:23 am

whoops!

not only steam trains (really enjoyed a weekend at Welshpool) but the one and only.....

Gil Scott Heron

most people will know him for The Bottle, Johnannesburg (sp!) and the fact that he eventually got strung out on the white stuff, but I remember an incredible TV documentray of him going round Washington DC (anybody know where i could get a copy?) and seeing him LIVE in the Crucible at Sheffield (home of snooker!). Listen to all you can .....

And talking of folks who took too much white stuff.....

Try John Martyn when you're stoned! (live at Man Univ with Danny on Double Bass passing j's too and fro from the stage).

and then there's the White Rabbit (and others) from Jefferson Airplane, Little Feat.......

An Old Hippy Remembers

robin
billybarker

hi ho

Postby greenchill » Thu Jun 19, 2003 2:01 pm

st. germain tourist is really a nice album. i listen to it a lot. another good artist is rubin steiner. i bought his album "wunderbar drei" . he is actually french but for some reason he gave his album a german title. very unusual. hehe.
i was in haarlem 2 or three weeks ago. of course i visited the sativa and the indika. i think i actually saw u cool zero. u were just leaving the indika otherwise i would have said hello.
greenchill

Postby greenchill » Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:01 pm

i just bought another chilled out album/compilation. itz called "Saint-Germain des Prés Café" " the finest electro-jazz compilation". the songs are not by st.germain (except for one) but they put the album together. some of the artists are "Rubin Steiner" (i love that guy) "Taxi", "jazzanova", "Vert", or "South Froggies" (interessting name). this album is something for the smooth smokers here. cheers and have a nice summer u all. at the moment itz 36°c here and i am sweating my A.s off. :D
greenchill

stoned listening

Postby Green Dragon » Thu Jul 24, 2003 12:40 am

my fave albums to listen to stoned are...

talk talk - spirit of eden / laughing stock
sly & the family stone - there's a riot goin' on
fela kuti - london scene / shakara
tim buckley - live at the troubador / dream letter
lee scratch perry - arkology
van morrison - astral weeks / veedon fleece
brian eno - another green world / apollo

:D
Green Dragon

Postby bladefirephil » Fri Aug 08, 2003 9:50 am

It's been a long time since the last post on this subject but here's my list of prefered listening ....

Neil Young (dvd) best played through surround sound. Year Of The Horse is my favourite at the moment.

The Band, The Last Waltz (again on dvd) The variety of acts in this Scorcese directed film is a joy to listen to & watch. The highlights for me are Joni Mitchell & Van Morrison.

In my car I am currently listening to Jimi Hendrix, The BBC Sessions.

Please take a look at 'Growing Tips' & see if you can give me any advice on storage.

Bye for now.
bladefirephil

• Website

Hao, all

Postby Gnom » Tue Sep 16, 2003 1:33 am

Hao, people ! Let me show U top 10 from Russian ganja smokers... :)
Actually, it`s favorite music of my and my friends...
Good trip,meditation sounds - Jorge Reyes, all albums. Very good with schrooms too...
Shraddha, Sacred chants of Shiva, etc - 4 relax, and have positive mood, go 4 a walk.
Music from old russian cartoons, music 4 children - back to the childhood !!! On my own experience, such music causes a smile even in the most sad man... I use it 4 therapy and go exam`s (wth ganja, too:) Ethno-music - like a Hedningarna (Finnland), Yat-Kha (Mongolia), Shu-De,Vimme - last team very-very shrooms team, must listen...
P.S. I have move clip of team "0", named "I go, I smoking" - it`s really fun ! U know, in our country from old time ganja forbidden... :( Uniquee, that is not yet forbidden is songs about... Very much I want to show U this clip - maybe, U give me some mail, and I send it (real audio format) ?
P.P.S. Something from set above you can find on http://www.music.df.ru
Yours faithfully Gnom,
Gnom

Postby Roger » Tue Sep 16, 2003 6:41 pm

Mostly trance/dance etc., especially when stoned 8) Other types of music too ofcourse, depending on the mood, but definately never country music :lol:
Roger

PreviousNext

Return to Smokers tales...