CoffeeShopNIEUWS

Guestbook

Link to Hempcity

DON'T USE BHO! It's a poison!

Welcome, new Hempcitizen....

Moderators: AmeriSkunk, deliriumt, cannabinol, milehigh, CoolZero

DON'T USE BHO! It's a poison!

Postby t_stoned » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Guys, I just read your discussion about BHO and wanna cry: NEVER USE IT, STOP USE IT!
Do you know what for processes happen in the tube, when butan starts to react with thc-substance? Do you know what for liquid flows from the whole of the tube?
Are you so pretty sure that all the butane evaporates in glass basin under warm water?
I think- no. The substance you get from butane extraction is really a grotty chemical product that has nothing with natural cannabis though!
I'm related to medicine/ chemie a little bit and trust me I know what I say. Some time ago we had a patient who used BHO about 5 years and got a malignant degeneration of lever from it (the products of butane decay were discovered in lever punction).
Yes, BHO is a hitter for experienced users, but the health is more valuable I suppose.
I wonder why such devices like bee honey extractors are still availible everywhere in Amsterdam.
Guys, I'd like only to warn you and it's your right to decide...
Use natural products, if u want a kicker - use water hash and you will be ok!
t_stoned
Forum builder

Re: DON'T USE BHO! It's a poison!

Postby deliriumt » Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:33 pm

personally don't make bho much. only made some about 3 times in total myself.

made water hash lots of times, years ago first with 2 bag icolator kit from pollinator company and then upgraded to official bubblebags.

awesome stuff the full melt and much easier to work with although can be very very sticky also like some batches I have made.

so no need to worry about my health, much much more of a water/ice hash maker for sure ;)

regards

deliriumt
Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.
deliriumt
Site Admin

Postby AmeriSkunk » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:41 am

Hello Fellas, sorry I couldnt post sooner. I have had to work a shitload the past few days and the work i do requires alot of walking, ive just been to tired to do more than skim for spam.

Anyway I will consider what you are saying Tstoned. I would just like to hear more of the evidence that this liver decay was caused by butane being absorbed through the lungs. Is there some way that you can tell that this was butane related decay or is this just an assumption? I personally believe that bho is harmless. I have seen many lab reports on bho testing done in california. non of which contained anything other than essential oils, mostly thc, in the 95%+ range. the rest are other cannabinoids and essential oils, cbd, cbn, terpanoids and flavanoids, ect. I will go even a step further to say that I believe hash oils butane or iso made are far safer than smoking hash even. there is zero plant material at all. Tar comes from plant material, the oils are just vaporised, they remail an oil not a tar once they are vaporised even so all you are inhaling are oil vapors. The tar is what is semi bad for you in cannabis. I do understand what you are saying, I understand that butane is a chemical and generally chemicals arent good for us humans. I would just like to hear more on how you came to the conclusion that this liver decay was caused by butane. If the patient wouldnt have told you he somked bho would you still have though the decay was butane related?

I am open to the idea of not using bho again, you are just going to have to show me proof of what you are saying. and like you said trust me, I do trust you. I am just one of those people who need concrete proof. Tell me more about this and maybe I will quit using bho.

and as far as what is going on inside the tube at the moment of extraction, yes I know what is happening. And pressure is what is forcing the butane thc mixture through the tube. The tube cant hold the ammount of compressed butane needed to extract the thc. It is possible to screw up making bho too. Not having enough butane to create enough pressure to force the entire mixture through the tube. the weed at the bottom will be entirely saturated though, but more butane will fix that. (sorry, I just smoked some haze and im rambling)
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby AmeriSkunk » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:53 am

No evidnce??? I really want to know more Tstoned.
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby t_stoned » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:47 am

Hi AS sorry was too busy, today finally foungd time to browse the forum.
That gay is the husband of my former collegue, I know him very well. He fell into the habit of using hash oil during his work in NDehli, India and continued his "relationship
" with bho when he returned home. He looked at effects only that time, didn't thought indian hash oil and bho were absolutely different products.
He told officials in hospital that he was on chemicalroduction in India for a long time period, but in fact he was IT by pharma prod.
Some biochemists explain that butane molecule contacts thc molecule during extraction and modifies it. Thus we inhale a modified compound with butane marks.The health problems occure when the smoker uses it for a long time period because the butane has not good property to store in differnt parts of the body, in lungs and in liver.
As for me as sltrong upholder of natural products :roll: I advise better to avoid that pretty dangerous thing, mho.
pffff I'm too stoned after portion of Gruwelijk from Indica today...
t_stoned
Forum builder

Postby AmeriSkunk » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:30 am

Hmm, that's very compelling. I do understand what you are saying about it modifying the chemical compisition. I need to look further into the effects of butane consumption to see what exactly the dangers can be.

So I guess iso oil would still be safe, its a shame it bruises he thc and a lot of the time turns it black but if you do it right by quick washing the product I get back gold oil.

I'm really looking at buying a skillet vapor curve, check those out on youtube. Very impressive method of consumption imo.

The way I see the oil vs. bud debate is this, oils contain no carcinogens, buds do. I'm not saying they cause cancer or anything just that they make tar and tar causes breathing problems in heavy smokers like myself. Nothing really bad but more than I care to have. So if I can take in thc in a way that doesn't cause that I will. But I will probably only make iso oil from now on.

Peace
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Postby t_stoned » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:23 pm

AS, what do you think about alcohol extraction? Did you tried it? One my mate told me about...
plant material should be stored in pure 94% alcohol during 24 hours, than we get green liquid (alcohol+cannabinoids) after filtration. The liquid should be evaporated very slowly on the water bath during hours. We get substance on the bottom of the pan, looking like a fat dark-green film- that's final product.
t_stoned
Forum builder

Postby AmeriSkunk » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:40 am

Yeah man I've mad iso hash hundreds of times. Its far better to use fresh cut trim or buds rather than dry buds. You don't need to soak he alcohol for 24hrs Tstoned, it makes it less potent and I will explain how. The alcohol dissolves the chlorophyll also so the longer you let the material sit in the alcohol the less pure it becomes.

I make quick wash iso hash. I put all my material in a plastic bottle, shake for around a minute, then place a coffee filter in my hand and pour the alcohol throuh the filter. If you want to make iso jelly hash you can pour alcohol throuh a screen, the large catch screen for bubble bags works fine. This will alow the trichs to pass through. It gives the oil a base to smoke it without a skillet or a vapor nail or something like that withouth it being problematically super sticky so its workable with your bare hands.

To get the best quality alcohol hash it is very very very important to freeze your weed and your alcohol(it doesn't freeze, lol). Well place them in the freezer before you extract. The cold temps make the alcohol a weaker solvent. So you don't dissolve the chlorophyll, only the essential oils.

You can also do a second quick wash of the material, the grade won't be as high but still good.

Anyway try this method, with fresh trim or buds if you can, your oil will come out nice and golden almost like bho. You won't be dissappointed.

Cheers
AmeriSkunk
Hemp City Lover

Return to HempCity